Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will probably rent. And watch at, say, 2AM, so that the kids don't even have a REMOTE chance of even hearing this from afar.

But...................

I've got to say that I found BORAT to be one of the funniest movies I have ever seen in my life. At times, I didn't WANT to laugh, but I merely HAD to..... I can only imagine that in the theaters, I would have been beet-red and choking.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
We loved Borat. I hear Bruno isn't as good, but we'll still watch it. Probably not until it's out on DVD though.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
<adolescent snicker>

Get a load of the rundown of language issues from one of the parental guides for the movies...

Bambi, this ain't....

PROFANITY 7 - About 20 F-words and its derivatives, sexual terms (including "jail bait," "herpes"), 11 scatological terms, 31 anatomical terms, 19 mild obscenities, 13 derogatory terms for homosexuals, many racist and homophobic comments (especially about African-Americans, Hispanics and Asians), references to Nazism, many insults, 1 religious profanity, 2 religious exclamations.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Don't we have a movie section?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Never had the desire to see Borat, and I definitely won't see this one. Definitely not my type of movie.

Give me horror movies anyday!! :)

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I watched part of Borat the other day on tv, there are some funny parts but I lost interest after about an hour. I'll probably wait until it's on tv. Based on the previews it seems like one of those that has some funny parts but overall I probably won't like.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I watched part of Borat the other day on tv, there are some funny parts but I lost interest after about an hour. I'll probably wait until it's on tv. Based on the previews it seems like one of those that has some funny parts but overall I probably won't like.
Knowing Sacha Baron Cohen, if it's edited for television, the running time will be about eight minutes flat.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Bruno was my fav character from Ali G - so John and I would like to see it (we will probably end up renting it :) )

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
G'day,

Can't say I'm lining up for it - Borat was funny until about half-way thorugh, from therein after watching the fellas wrestle I lost interest..
I'll watch it for the sake of though, along with a few beers.

Cheers,

Pottsie

1 - 14 of 14 Posts