Just Labradors banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

As far as I know Harlee's ear was fine until today. Tongiht, she is shaking her hear, scratching and one ear is bright red. Its late and nothing is open, anyone have any ideas before i resort to more dreadful antibitocs?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Have you smelled it and looked inside? Can you wipe it out gently with a damp facecloth? Certainly sounds like an infection, but DO NOT give her any kind of antibiotics until the vet checks it and finds otu what it is.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'd actually prefer a home remedy before putting her on antibiotics. Any time she is at the vet for anything, that is what they want to put her on. Actually she is on antibiotics now for acne (last resort) of a few months of trying to clear it up with topical creams but it would not clear up. Anyways, not sure if that could be related to her starting these pills or not but she has never had issues with her ears and she is almost 2.

I really don't want to do antibiotics if I don't have to.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Probably an ear infection. They will give you medication to put in her ear to clear it up. In the meantime, try to prevent her from shaking her head too much as she could cause a hematoma (painful swelling of the ear that often needs to be surgically drained).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.