Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the husband's away on business so I get to watch all the crap he can't quite stomach. Last night I wandered into the beginning of The Bridge to Terabithia.

Nice story, nothing really happens but you like the characters, and then all of a sudden, boom!, they kill off the little girl. WTF!!!

There needs to be some kind of warning at the beginning of these things for emotionally questionable 44 year old women who are feeling kind of mopey to begin with.

It's quite possible that everybody has read this book except for me, and nobody else was ever surprised by poor little Leslie smashing her skull, but jeezus peezus, why does every coming of age story have to kill off some poor kid?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I love that movie! I've seen it a couple of times. I don't think I read the book, and her death shocked me, too!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
THANK YOU! That is exactly how I felt after watching that movie. I was a wreck and just hated it. And it comes off as a kids movie...I couldn't imagine taking my kid to see that and then having to deal with the aftermath.

Of course, friends of ours, who had read the book, LOVED the movie and said that was the point...learning to deal with loss....blah blah blah...*shaking head*

I had a migraine for 2 days after watching that thing.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I can't imagine taking an eight year old to this thinking that it was some cool little fantasy movie and having to deal with the whole death issue on the way out.

I'm just lucky I wan't pms'ing yesterday or I'd still be rolled up in the fetal position, weeping.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.