Just Labradors banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I got in touch with the breeders recommended, some of them do not expect any litters until later this year. Bluesouth recommended Apple Meadows labs but have not heard of them. Will get in touch with that breeder and see what she has to offer. Hard to find chocolates isn't it?
There are lots of them in rescue!

·
Registered
806 Posts
Can anyone recommend a Breeder for a show quality Lab with great tempermant in Western NY or surrounding area?
Join your local labrador club(s) and get active!! You're not going to find a breeder that is willing to place a quality dog with you if they don't know you.

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
I agree with Nicole. If someone is breeding a show litter, they are breeding to keep the very best for themselves to show and hopefully use in their own breeding program. Usually that means that other puppies are sold as pets, but if you have shown that you are, indeed, ethical and committed (by joining a labrador club, learning to show even if other people's dogs), have gotten into obedience or field training or other competitions with a past (or existing) dog, you have a much better chance of getting a show prospect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If anyone in this thread did indeed have any interactions with Staghorn Labradors and could provide me with some feedback on them, I would love to hear it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
As we keep saying - clearances - there is ZERO talk of clearances, NONE, on any of the dogs at that kennel. you can e-mail/call to ask but that is a bare minimum you should require, that BOTH parents have ALL their clearances.

They aslo don't do anything with their dogs.

at four weeks pups are sent to the kennels, where they get less socialization to household sounds and interactions, not idea, you should prefer a breeder that raises the litters indoors for 8 weeks.

There ARE fewer good chocolate lab breeders, plks there are just naturally fewer chocolates. So yeah if you want a dog in the next month from a breeder and hour or two from you - there won't be many (if any). You are going to have to expand your search adn be a little patient. You've gotten lots of great recommendations, you can even ask THOSE breeders if they know someone closer to you or someone that has a litter sooner. But having to wait until summer and driving 3 hours is actually pretty good for a puppy from a good quality breeder.
I highly recommend Pirate Labradors in Sutton Ontario. They have plans to breed later this year Beautiful dogs, very experienced and careful breeder.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts