Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend any good breeders in the UK? I know were mostly American/canadian etc on this board but Im hoping someone might have some contacts.

Kate has given me the link for her dogs breeder so I have kept that. I also found 2 other nice looking breeders and have emailed them.

Any help folks? They dont seem to advertise themselves well and Im not sure how to go about find them

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
Is there a Labrador Breed club in your area you can consult? That is usually the best place to start in the US.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Rocheby Labradors. I am biased because both Misha and Homer are descendants of Rocheby Labs (great grand parents and grand parents on both sides are Rochebys). Rocheby breeds its own "type" of Lab, they are a bit shorter than the average lab with very expressive heads and strong bodies.

Temperament wise both my dogs (and all of my breeder´s dogs) have amazing temperaments. They are very sweet dogs, very playful, not a mean bone, very willing to please. My breeder even keeps all his males together and they get along perfect.

Rocheby´s have a lot of Champion dogs so they are a great source if your are looking into a show quality dog. I´m just not sure how a british dog would do in the US because they will be shorter than the American show lines.

Search them on google. They have a website. Also if you want to have a direct descendant from Rocheby bloodlines, search for Sisniega Retrievers (in Mexico). They still breed directly from their Rocheby original imports and might be able to help you. They also have great dogs with French and Spanish bloodlines (De la Enna and Diane de la Foret / Diana Campo)

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im after something of pet quality but definately an English lab because Alfie is American/field bred and HUGE so this time I would like something shorter lol

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Hi Karen

What are you looking for specifically? working lines, show lines, a mix of the two, dog/*****? is the pup for you?

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
*waves*

Right-o, remind me where you are in the UK again and how far you are willing to travel? also, when are you looking to get the pup?

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Rosie im in Lincolnshire I dont have a car atm so transport may be a sore point for me at the moment I might have to hire a car and are willing to travel for the right pup, we go on holiday at the end of June so nothing before then. Thanks Kate will check those out

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
If you go through the kennel club they have a list of breeders with pups, although given our recent experience, i would recommend you ask if they have been tested for elbow dysplacia as well as Hips. I believe the kennel club are looking at making this mandatory. Good luck, look forward to seeing the pics of your new arrival ;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts