Just Labradors banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I am new here, I'm located in Southern Ontario (an hour away from Toronto). My family has recently lost our doberman of 8 years, and after careful consideration, we've decided that a Lab would be perfect fit. My husband especially, loved taking Thor for runs, and walks in the woods - he's a very outgoing, outdoorsy guy and would love to have a buddy again.

A few months ago, I emailed multiple Lab breeders through the CKC about whether they breed Red Fox Labs. In each instance they reply with "Red fox is not a recognized colour to CKC, although the colouring is in the range accepted by yellow labs".

I feel like I am going about it the wrong way. Is the Red Fox colour just something that might occur in a litter? Is it not something that can be bred (like the x from the yellow lab, and the y from the chocolate lab or something - I have no idea if what I wrote made sense)? Or is this just a fluke?

If it can be bred - does anyone know of a breeder that specializes in them?
If it can't be bred on purpose - who am I supposed to contact, a yellow lab breeder? And just wait and hope?

Thanks everyone!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts