Just Labradors banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the call I was waiting for from the Portland trials that Strider, bred by me, owned by Mark & Cheri Levine, finished his MACH title today!

Intl CH MACH WindyCanyon's Dark Ranger CD RA JH MX MXJ CGC CC !!! Mark must have smelled that bottle of Crown I had dangling in front of his nose!

Photos below are from the Brown Trout 2009 Agility Lab calendar where Strider is "Mr. January" and "Mr April" (photo credits go to Creative Indulgence photographers of Seattle). I can't wait to see the video of his victory run. For those who haven't seen the hoopla when a dog earns a MACH, the handler gets a huge rosette and one of the jump bars, then gets to take a celebratory run around the course a final time as everyone is cheering. Sure wish I could have been there in person, but I had a couple other pup owners over there, one who called me literally in tears!
Anne Swindeman
WindyCanyon Labs
www.windycanyonlabs.com

Attachments

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Woo Hoo!! Congratulations Anne! Wonderful accomplishment, for Strider, his owners, and for you!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Congratulations!!! Agility, obedience,rally,hunt tests,CGC , International Champion You should be a very very proud breeder!!!
A MACH is tough especially in the 20" jump height class against those darn BC's

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
cinderbaylabs said:
Now that is something to brag about!!
What is so special to me is that Strider is Mark's first competition dog. I met his wife about the time I started running Rosa, so ~2002-3. She was just getting started. Mark inquired on our chat board about a "Pointing Lab" and I emailed him privately about the subject. He soon got on my puppy list, but really wanted a Choc M. As the litter developed, I showed them that the blue collared black boy was my clear Pick from all aspects and why he was a better choice than the choc. He went w/ my recommendation and the rest is history! We have a saying... "Black IS Beautiful, Indeed!". 8)

I am hoping that my keeper(s) from my current litter will prove her salt as I have a special breeding planned w/ Strider down the road which will be a linebreeding on Strider's mom, Rosa, who I lost tragically this summer to strychnine poisoning (freak event...) at 9.5 yrs. Strider runs just like his mom, so full of focus and desire to please. Such honest dogs are so hard to find and Mata (mom to pups, daughter of Rosa) is another honest one. Anne

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.