Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've posted these before, but it's been a little while. I'm looking at them again because I sent Simon's out to our dog club in honor of his birthday, so I thought I'd post them again here too for anyone who hasn't seen them. :)

These are compilations of some of their more memorable moments in the ring through Rally Novice, Advanced and Excellent, and in Novice Obedience.

Simon is my "Steady Eddie" in the ring. I did Angus' video first because I had so many great blooper reel moments. :p When I started doing Simon's, I realized he hadn't really done much to disappoint in the ring. He tends to get the job done. He doesn't look as flashy as Angus, but it's like the Tortoise and the Hare. Simon is always a pleasure to show, and I'm never nearly as nervous as when I'm showing Angus.

Angus, on the other hand...well, you should see him at the club. He is just poetry in motion, gorgeous to watch, garnering compliments from many of the more experienced handlers. But then, he gets to a show, and it all just sort of...goes away. Then it becomes like a very scary thrill ride that's totally different every time you ride it. But like a thrill ride, after it's over and you've had time to recover it really makes for an awesome memory. :D

Simon:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/kev-dog1/?action=view&current=SimonDanceWithMe.flv

Angus:
http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v329/kev-dog1/?action=view&current=AngusDoingHisThingEDIT.flv

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I saw the Angus one the last time you posted it. I really enjoy it and laugh out loud at this antics. Thanks for the re-post. :D

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Aw, those are great. I love your attitude, you look so happy in the ring.

I see you've had a lot of the same judges I've had. I love Don and Carol Mett. They are so great.

Thanks for posting these!

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Oh my gosh, this is absolutely spooky.:eek: I am not kidding here. I was thinking today about Angus' video because I was thinking of people (and in this case a dog) that surprise and inspire me:). I was absolutely, no kidding, going to ask you to post Angus' video because I wanted to see it again.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh! No one has ever told me *I* look happy in the ring! :D People have said the boys look happy before.

Did you see Jean Lynch? She was the first judge on Simon's video. She NQ'd us. :p "Lack of teamwork." He was really acting out that day! But I think that may be his only NQ...no wait, he did run out of the ring one other time.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh my gosh, this is absolutely spooky.:eek: I am not kidding here. I was thinking today about Angus' video because I was thinking of people (and in this case a dog) that surprise and inspire me:). I was absolutely, no kidding, going to ask you to post Angus' video because I wanted to see it again.
Wow! You are kidding! I tell you what is even spookier...when I posted the video just now I was thinking of you, because I remember you liked it before and I was hoping you would like seeing it again. I seriously was. Is that so weird!?

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Oh wow, that is really weird. <cue twilight zone music> Not that each of us thought of it, but that we thought about it on the same day.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Way cool, Connie.
I was laughing outloud at Angus, and my fiance asked what was going on!
Simon is such a pleaser, I hope someday Daisy can perform like that (and have as much fun as they both have, too).

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Jean Lynch. She was the first judge I ring stewarded under. I was a nervous wreck, but she was so enjoyable. I walked away from that day absolutely loved being a ring steward.

I have since learned not all judges are so nice. I've ring stewarded for a few that were out and out grouchy.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
Those are great Connie. Perfect music for them too.

I love Simon's jump, and Angus just had me laughing out loud. You've done really well with them both.

Are you still doing the dancing? I forgot just this moment what exactly it's called with the dogs. I seem to remember you were taking Angus.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Freestyle! No, we haven't been to classes in a long time. The instructor has not been offering them. :( We do still play around with moves at home, though. I could probably just teach him on my own at this point. The problem is, there's nowhere to go with it. I don't see our club adopting it for their trials anytime soon. :p It sure is fun, though. If anyone ever has an opportunity to take a class, definitely do it!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts