Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else having a problem with them? They are coming out of the woodwork, quite literally, in my house.

One day in late fall we went outside and the east side of our house was completely covered with them. Apparently they all took up residence in our walls over the winter. Now they've been coming out. One here, one there, here, there... Every-freakin'-where.

I had no idea what they were until just now. Harmless, apparently, but who wants a houseful of bugs?! ~shudder~ I keep expecting to pick up a pillow or something and find a swarm of them underneath.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boisea_trivittata

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Ahhhh...the bane of my office's existence. We don't have them coming out of the woodwork...our problem is in the fall when they are trying to get IN the woodwork.

TIP: do not squish them. They stain. Best thing to do is vacuum them up.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
THAT'S what those are!!!!! We moved to the south 6 years ago and I never knew what they were called. I haven't seen any lately but when I do, they are always hanging on my window screens, near where my maple trees are! Makes sense now!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We just pick them up and flush them down the toilet. So far it's only been one at a time so it's been manageable. Granted by the time the day is done we've usually flushed 6-10 of them.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
We just pick them up and flush them down the toilet. So far it's only been one at a time so it's been manageable. Granted by the time the day is done we've usually flushed 6-10 of them.
Watch out they may be good for something and you are killing them off!!
<sarcasm>

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
We had them a couple of years ago, really bad. I was told they over-winter in the heating ducts and come out in the spring. Shadow would point them out to me, and I'd pick them up in a tissue and flush them. If you vacuum them up and they die in the vacuum, they stink.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts