Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Bosch reciprocating saw yesterday and am wondering if I'll regret it?? I went in for a Dewalt jig saw and ended up with two. lol

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Paul swears by Porter Cable - doesn't ever consider Bosch and dislikes Dewalt. Now, what that means I don't know, but know all our PC stuff lasts and lasts and are good solid items. Several sanders, several drills, drum sander, saber saw...etc, etc. Use all with regularity on a wooden boat - and various house projects - and the only issue is charging batteries for long projects...but we have (2) packs so charge one and use the other.

(Doesn't really answer your question, does it? sorry!)

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Good brand but spendy.

I am more of a Ryobi guy, but I very seldom use my tools so there is no reason to buy the spendy ones.

If you will be using it on a weekly basis then it will be a good purchase, if you plan on using it once a year take it back and buy a Craftsman or Ryobi.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hunter said:
Good brand but spendy.

I am more of a Ryobi guy, but I very seldom use my tools so there is no reason to buy the spendy ones.

If you will be using it on a weekly basis then it will be a good purchase, if you plan on using it once a year take it back and buy a Craftsman or Ryobi.
I only paid $50 for it. Home Depot ordered too many and were trying to get rid of them. I wasn't planning on buying one at all. I was looking at the Ryobi ones, my dad has a lot of Ryobi tools. But this was cheaper than any other saw there. lol. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't going to stop working after we use it for the first time.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Years ago Bosch made great power tools. I had first generation Bosch cordless drills that took a beating. I used them on the job day in and day, out for years. I am not sure of the quality today though.

I use Milwaukee tools for the most part and some of them are over twenty years old. I have some newer Dewalt tools and I guess the quality is ok( I do not like my power mitre box :mad:). I also don't use them 50 hours a week.

50 bucks is a good price.I would have bought it at that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts