·
0 Posts
You are not suppose to say that ;D :D ;D

ANything you would like to talk about?

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeh ok there is one question i wouldn't mind another person's opinion on!

Would you say 20 is too young to be engaged? Even if you were living together and wouldn't actually be getting wed for 5ish years? ???

B

·
0 Posts
Anyone want to help me figure out how I'm going to move, write three major papers and take finals all in the next 30 days? ;D

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just to clarify i am not yet engaged! :(

My boyfriend says that he doesn't want a long engagement but has already said he wants to marry me and we are even saving up for the wedding. So basically we are engaged but he just hasn't asked yet! :-\

I think that if you both want to and know you will get married then it doesn't matter how long the engagement is or how young you actually put that ring on your finger. Hmmm. He thinks different.

B

·
0 Posts
Sorry...was just contributing to the bored theme... :-[

BTW...I don't think you're too young to be engaged given your situation. Sounds like you guys are really stable and planning for the future. It's pretty cool actually...most 20 year olds are still hanging out in bars all night.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Bobbiesocks said:

My boyfriend says that he doesn't want a long engagement but has already said he wants to marry me and we are even saving up for the wedding. So basically we are engaged but he just hasn't asked yet! :-\

I think that if you both want to and know you will get married then it doesn't matter how long the engagement is or how young you actually put that ring on your finger. Hmmm. He thinks different.
Sounds like an indecisive guy to me. I would definitely be having a talk. Dr. Laura would have told you to dump him by now though. Him wanting his cake and eat it too and all. If you feel stressed about it now, maybe that is your clock telling you to do something about it.

I mean if you have already purchased a house together and are living together, what is a little ring compared to all that?

T

·
0 Posts
Bobbiesocks said:

Well I am in the same boat with yeah. I am 22 (turning 23 in april) we have lived and been together for two years and now we are buying another house together. Its funny because last night we were talking and I said hell lets go down to City Hall and just get it over with and fly to Vegas this summer. HE SAID OK. But I think he was just pulling my leg. Saturday morning when we wake up and I will say "alright lets go to Cty hall and get it done". I am sure he will Crap himself. ;D Good luck with this. You have to keep us posted.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Ender's Mom said:
Girls please... don't give them a free pass.. make them work for it a little...

take it from me.
I have daughters 22 and 25 years old. Do not let your beaus off the hook so easy!!!!! I have told my girls over and over, be independent.Be able to support yourself,have your own friends and don't sit around waiting for some guy to make up his **** mind! Trust me, guys don't know a good thing when they see it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts