Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm taking Libby to Dock Dogs at the end of April. Does she have to have a bordatella vaccine to go to that? I've never given those to my dogs because I don't board them and I prefer not to give them all that crap, but I'm concerned they won't let her in if she doesn't have it. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I don't know if she needs one, but I was just going to let you know it's an inhaled vaccine, not a shot. Not that it matters, just an FYI. =)

Hey - never mind, I don't know anything! Apparently there is an injectable version. Otis and Kacey have only ever had the nasal one.

Just ignore me!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know if she needs one, but I was just going to let you know it's an inhaled vaccine, not a shot. Not that it matters, just an FYI. =)

Hey - never mind, I don't know anything! Apparently there is an injectable version. Otis and Kacey have only ever had the nasal one.

Just ignore me!
That's okay. I just don't know the rules about these things, I've never been to one and I don't want to get there and find out I'm not allowed to take her in.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
We took Sam to a dock dogs event (he just did it for fun, not competing), and they did not ask for any vaccination papers or any questions on vaccination.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! I tried looking on the dock dogs website for rules but it's only for the participants not the spectators. I'm so excited, it's going to be fun. I will take lots of photos.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
I also have never been asked for any shot records at a DockDog event. I do kennel the boys from time to time so I keep them current on bordatella which is just squirted up their nose, it's not a shot.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
This is one vaccine Remington will NEVER get again. He had it one time, and it was the shot. Within 30 minutes he developed inflammed uvitis. Looked like his eyes were going to hemmorage. And then his eyes all clouded up. He was around 6 months old and I really thought he'd lose his eyesight. We ended up at a vet opthamologist and she was able to get the uvitis under control, but she didn't know if the cloudiness inside his eyeball would ever get better. It finally cleared up.

I have vet letters from her and my current vet stating that Remington cannot have this vaccine ever again. With his regular vaccines we pre-med him and then keep him at the vet for about 40 minutes after they are given. Also, from now on he will have titers pulled and won't be vaccinated unless he needs to be.

I do not recommend you give this vaccine, especially not the injectable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts