Just Labradors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suppose I remember essentially nothing from my American and World History classes, what would be some good general knowledge books to brush up? I'm just thinking that I'd like to get the important facts, dates and figures back in my head again. I'm tired of not being able to shout out answers in those categories during Jeopardy! :)

Or maybe each year I should just make Riley bring home his textbooks every night for me!

·
Registered
12,170 Posts
Do you have the "...For Dummies" series of books? A friend of mine said he knew very little about Canadian history and wanted to learn more. As a joke I bought him "Canadian History for Dummies". I actually sat down and started reading it and it was really good! Well written and covers all the broad strokes. What I like about these books is they cover the basics and give you the resources for where to get more detailed information. They are also very entertaining reading, so I'd suggest giving them a try if you can find one for the subject you are interested in.

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
Cameron- I have that book! LOL. I bought it when I moved here, because well, I didn't know anything about Canadian history. It is a good book. Silly title- but good book. ;) So I agree with you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts