Just Labradors banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
By the time our Noon Mass rolled around on Sunday, my fingers were aching and my back -- oooh, my achin' back!!!

Would have killed to be able to go home and get a massage.

'Twas not to be. I arrived home at about 2PM, changed, ate something lite, walked Wes, and **dingdong** the families were arriving for dinner by 3:30....

~~sigh~~

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Yeah, but it was one wild, harried 8 day week.

From Palm Sunday through Easter Sunday our choir members each logged about 25 hours of rehearsal and church performance time instead of our typical 5 hours. And that's not counting travel time to and from or the time robing, etc.

But it was much worse for the music director and organists -- they have several services on Sundays and a few other days in Holy Week. :eek: All of you in those positions have my -- condolences? -- appreciation.

Fortunately, it comes only once a year. :D Christmas is another big time but NOT like this!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Christmas isn't as bad, IMHO, unless it falls weird. Chr Day on a Saturday or a Monday is KILLER!!! 2009 won't be too bad, just a lengthy string of services: It's on a Friday.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
My first exposure to the Episcopal church came when I was visiting a girlfriend whose family were reliable Episcopalians and they lived just across the street from their Episcopal church. At that time, I hadn't attended a church for years and never, ever before knelt in a church service.

That year, Christmas Eve was on a Friday, so within 10 days we went 6 times -- Christmas Eve, Christmas, Sunday, followed by a 3X repeat at New Year's. :eek:

Didn't make me an Episcopalian at the time but it sure gave a crammed indoctrination to their strange practices.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts