Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I'm playing with Sundance, or if I want to initiate play, I sometimes exhale a quick little "POOF!" of air in his direction. His reaction is hilarious. He turns his head away slightly and gives me a quick one-eyed maniacal look, then goes nuts, either play bowing, butt-tucking, or barking. He always takes it as a cue to get crazy. And my former dog, Ronan, did the same thing.

SU has noticed that sometimes after the "POOF!" Sundance will quickly exhale a bunch of air out of his nose, almost like a bull snorting, before he starts playing.

I wonder what goes through his doggie mind.

Does anyone else's dog do this?

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
:D You guys are so easily amused!

As are we. :p Yes, I have tried this too. It irritates the devil out of both Angus and Simon. Angus just gets up and moves away, but Simon kind of goes nuts trying to lick/nip my face.

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
i don't think luke likes it when i blow air in his face. his reaction is usually to turn away, and if i persist, sometimes, he bites at the air or tries to lick my mouth. taylor gives no reaction whatsoever. none. penny tries to lick the air.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You guys are so easily amused!
Oh, yes. We REALLY are! :D

It's funny, it doesn't matter if I'm 10 feet away and the air doesn't reach him, he still goes crazy.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Sky is the same way. Not even sure how we found this out, but she just gets so excited when you blow in her face or even make a funny noise in her direction. She will butt tuck across the room, around the bed etc. It is really amusing!

·
Registered
533 Posts
lol.

i JUST tried this on Chuy and he stared blankly at me like i was crazy! :)

although he just woke up from nap and was waiting to go outside, so i'll have to try later.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Haha, so funny you posted this. Jersey gets spastic when we do that to him and also thinks it's an invitation to go nuts! He play bows and rears up like a crazed horse, barks, the works! Come to think of it, my family dogs always hated it too.

C

·
0 Posts
Yep! Belle hates it! I blow in her face and she like trys to snap at the invisible air, then gets up and goes and fetches her towel to play tug. :laugh: She sees it as a play time sign lol. :)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Sammi hates it when we do that! We used it to our advantage, and this is how we tought her not to bite, she bit, we blow in her face. Stopped it quickly ;)-

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
:p

Molly will do one of two things...1) lick your face all over or 2) go insane!!!

Abby could care less lol

It's fascinated me since we brought Molly home...she is a face sniffer. She will sit and 'niff, and 'niff your face until you pus her away. If you open your mouth she ever so gently gets closer to sniff and she'll just keep on going. Don't know why she does it but I love it.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Both of mine hate it too. Oddly enough if I leave the car window down enough to get their heads out they love sticking their head out. What's up with that? ::)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts