Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any other labs out there blowing their coat right now?
Man, Elias is shedding like crazy. I just brushed him and should have taken a picture of the fur I got off him!! I could have kept going and going.
I just washed our bedding on Saturday and I was just now laying in bed and it was so hairy. (I know, I know, keep the dog off the bed)

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Actually, we seem to be slowing down here. I think maybe it's because they've been spending less time outside, what with the heat. ?

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
i blew out my vacuum last week picking up all the lab-bunnies floating around the house. i can't brush abbey enough. it comes out in clumps on the wood floors, carpet, and furniture. i wish i could make some money out of all this hair. cinder doesn't help because when she rough-houses with abbey, she pulls out more fur. i can't keep up with it all.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Yep, it seems like they're going through their 52nd shedding period this year.

·
Registered
531 Posts
Ernie is joining right in! He is shedding so much he looks like he is losing his hair right around his tail/top of his bum. Also he has terrible dandruff--is that part of the shedding process? I don't remember my Shadow having bad dandruff--but he also never went swimming and Ernie goes in the salt water on a daily basis.

·
Registered
292 Posts
yea its crazy she starts walking and the hair looks like, i had 5 dogs in the room. but its summer her in cali so i'm asumming thats why. summer is almost over next month so it should start slowing down

·
Registered
870 Posts
My two have been blowing coat off and on for months! I just bought a new brush - FURminator - I really like it but worry it may take off too much. It really gets the hair off them though. I can't believe I spent almost $50 on a dog brush (they do promise your money back if you don't like it).

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Lexi has never really stopped shedding this year! She goes through cycles when it is worse than other times, but she always has some amount of coat coming off her.

I can really see it right now, because our mail carrier stops to pet her each day. When he pets her, he buries his fingers into her coat and rubs sort of like a brush and it just blows off her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts