Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They're predicting 1-2 ft./30-60 cm of snow for western Kansas this Friday and Saturday.

Guy (myfavoritedog) is in that area with Tal, Barney and Midnight.

We're supposed to get up to several inches/8 cm. here in eastern Kansas.

Maybe enough to give me a chance to use my XC skis for the first time this year taking Puff out for our morning walk? :)

Haven't seen the forecasts but it wouldn't be surprising to find temps in the 70F/21C range the following week.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
SNOW?! UGH!

Hey, where is Guy anyway? Haven't seen him around in awhile....

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shouldn't you guys be getting into spring by now?
Yeah, the forsythia (yellow) have been blooming at least a week and the ornamental Bradford pear trees (white) which are all over town for almost as long; crocuses and daffodils are in flower and my grass looks like it needs mowing. Redbuds (my favorites) are beginning to show color and the dogwood will soon follow.

It IS truly spring but sometimes we get these hiccups as the seasons change -- especially spring.

Hey, where is Guy anyway? Haven't seen him around in awhile....
He did make the move to this new board, didn't he?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I have seen Guy post in LC since the move.

We have spring too, but have not seen a single bloom or bud yet; we're supposed to get rain/snow mix Sunday and Monday.

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Shouldn't you guys be getting into spring by now? :confused:
Pard, this is spring on the Great Plains, tornados one day, snow a few days later.:D

My daughter talked to her mom west of me about 150 miles on Monday, they ended up with snow and winds up to 50 mph, but the forecast in the morning said either heavy thunderstorms with hail and tornados, freezing rain, snow or all of the above.:D

BTW I've seen snow in both early May and early Sept.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Wow hamster size snowflakes, I would like to see those and compare to the hamster that we are pet sitting!!!

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Yikes.. I'll keep our 70s! lol My azaelas are all flowers. The peach and pear trees are all filled with blossoms too. I'd hate to lose those!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Well Nick they might just head your way when we are finished with em.
They are, in the form of tornadoes. We're supposed to stay warm, with severe weather. The snow-covered hamsters become angry, wet hamsters. I'm sure there's a joke in there somewhere.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Denver got around a foot of much needed snow from this blizzard. It took me 2 hours to get home from work when it normally takes a 1/2 hour...

I took my son outside to play in the snow and he loved it until he fell in a drift face first...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts