Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't updated my phone (Storm) in awhile. Some people seem to like the newest software, some don't. I've backed up my phone today to my computer. If I update it and don't like it, I can go back to what I backed up by clicking restore on the computer with the blackberry hooked up?

TIA.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Labby, I like the new software. Like Justine said, it is a little different, but I think it is more responsive.

I had to update my OS, because I was having issues with my Storm responding slowly under the old OS.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I haven't had an official OS on my blackberry since a week after i got it =) I just upgraded to OS5 a few weeks ago and it's pretty nice.. i like that txt msgs, bbm, email, twitter and facebook msgs all go into the folder .. it handles it differently than it used to and i could never get txts in the messages folder before..

Did you take the new phone back, Laura?

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I did, Kelli. It was nice, it just didn't do what I wanted it to do for me.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I'm in the process of updating. If you hear screaming in about 30 minutes, you'll know where it came from. lol

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
do you hear me screaming? it won't download the bb app world. it won't let me open the browser. UGH!!!! I'm heading to Verizon to get them to fix this.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
good Luck! I had problems with one of the softwares not completely downloading - it woudl stop in tehmiddle - I thought i lost everything at that point but I managed to save it all.......I hate having to do upgrades - my bb is my life it seems!

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
if you're downloading via wifi, turn it off and use your data plan.. i seem to have better luck with that.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
if you're downloading via wifi, turn it off and use your data plan.. i seem to have better luck with that.
My data does not include net - I have started hardlinign it into the net at home - in tunder bay I am never farther than 10 mintues from a computer so I figured to save $15/month I'd lose the internet part of the bb - I stillhave a data plan for emials, mesenger etc - that's what I can't live without.....

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Oh, and laura.. if you bounce in there without an official OS on your bb they won't help you

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Oh it was official. I'm not a happy camper. I can't figure out how to turn off the **** word suggestions like I had it before plus my one email account says there's 1 message in there, but there isn't. UGH!!!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
check and see if your email archived accidentally...I've done that by accident and wondered why it said I had 14 emails for weeks even when I emptied my mailbox.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks Allie. Got that straightened out, just now trying to shut off the word suggestions as I type an email. Very annoying. Very simple to shut off in the other OS, not so much this one. :(

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I don't think I am going to upgrade - sounds too complicated and I don't use it as much for emails and web related stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts