Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have you heard of a BB flip phone? Someone was telling me about it but I hadn't heard of one.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Yeah, it looks like the pearl but it's a flip.. i don't think the sales have been all that great since the pearl is the only bb that doesn't have the full keyboard.. it has its advantages.. size i guess.. but i wouldn't get one given the slow sales will equal less support for OS upgrades and software compatibility etc..

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sticking with my Storm, but he's worried about butt dialing so he thought the flip would be better for him. I'm not sure if the flip is just Canadian or what but I haven't seen them here or heard about them. He's from BC and was looking into them.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
there's a lock key at the top of my bb.. you just push it and it locks the kb.. push it again to unlock it.. it's much easier.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's what I do before I go out with the horse girls anymore. Ended up requesting someone's phone number on FB by mistake. lol

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Tmobile has a flip pearl version. My 8900 curve locks with either the top left button or by holding down the a button.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm with Verizon so that's prolly why I haven't seen them. I sent him the info from what y'all were saying, so we'll see what he does.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Tell him to switch carriers and get an iPhone.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The plans with the one company that carries Iphone is attrocious compared to most of the others - I would never bother - plus than you would lose messenger ability and that is what I use 90% of the time!

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The plans with the one company that carries Iphone is attrocious compared to most of the others - I would never bother - plus than you would lose messenger ability and that is what I use 90% of the time!
I love BB messenger. Helps being able to cut back on the text plans, hence saving me money.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I love the messenger, too. Pretty much the only reason I keep the bb versus another web-enabled phone like the G1.

·
Registered
2,503 Posts
That's what I do before I go out with the horse girls anymore. Ended up requesting someone's phone number on FB by mistake. lol
That's some fancy butt-dialing, Laura! :D

Seems like the biggies all have the Flip. Do you know who his carrier is?
Bell Blackberry Pearl Flip
Rogers Blackberry Pearl Flip
Telus Mobility Blackberry Pearl Flip

Oh, my friend's BF has one, and the only thing he doesn't like about it is that it isn't a full QWERTY keyboard (I think there are 2 letters per button?).

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Does anyone have the Tour? Jason is debating on a Tour or a HTC Touch phone. He broke his Curve somehow. It works but he can't do anything with it - he can move the cursor but none of the applications work, he can't make calls, he can't text, he can't answer calls. It's weird.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm not sure who his carrier is, Felicia. I'm telling him to not get the flip but I doubt he'll listen. lol I hate non QWERTY keyboards.

Of course, he's the one I asked for his phone number by mistake so we get a good laugh over that.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I always lock my Storm when I put it in my purse.

I'd use the BB messenger, but I only know one person on there! ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts