Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those of you CrackBerry addicts, do you have any brands that you like better than others?

I just got my Curve today from Verizon, so I bought a silicone case from there and also a privacy/screen protector. I like the case so far, but I think I might want a hard case instead.

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
5,211 Posts
I have a silicone skin. While I do like it, I have been thinking of getting a hard case, as well. It would make it easier to slip into my pocket.

I really like the screen covers from www.bestskinsever.com I have them on my iPod and the screen of my blackberry.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I have a hard case that I got from meritline maybe? Not OEM but does the job. Only thing with a hard case is that if you need to do a hard reboot, it is a PITA to take the case off. Not like a silicon skin.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I have the silicone skin with the built in belt clip. So far I like it. I have broken 2 of the hardshell belt clips that blackberry provides. The only thing I don't like about the silicone case is it is really close to the ALT key on the left side and I end up puncuating with "m" or "b"

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have no skins, screen protectors or cases - I do have a leather holster in red - I can't seem to get into accessorizing my BB like i thought I would....hmmmmm..

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
No I don't, but then again I'm mindful that plastic is fragile. Right now I'm mostly using the silicone soft ones. Easier to get to the battery if the phone freezes and I need to reboot it. Easier to get on and off when I change colors.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I have the screen protectors for my Storm, I would not have any type of touch-screen phone without one.

Case wise, I have a hard plastic one, which I rarely use. I also have a leather case with a belt clip on it. I like the leather for a couple reasons, the phone is complete enclosed & less likely to get damaged if it gets dropped. The other plus, is the case has something in it that put the screen into a sleep-mode, so you do not run your battery down.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I just got the Curve, too, Justine and ordered two silicone cases from OEM. My friend has both hard cases and silicone ones, and I like her silicone ones, much better.
I, like Laura, like to switch things up a lot, so I plan on just stocking up on the different silicone colors, as the plastic/hard ones are too much work to take on and off!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I have a Tour, and only have the case (black leather holster) that it came with. I have never used cases, to me they seem to get in the way or get dirt under them. I do have a privacy screen protector, and LOVE it. My husband forgets that I have it, and always asks why I am staring at my blank screen. :)

ETA . . . there is an app that restarts the phone without doing a battery pull. That would eliminate having to remove the hard case. I have had that app on the last 2 Blackberries I have had and have never had to do an actual battery pull.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Do they make Body Gloves for Blackberrys? I have one for my phone (not a BB) and I dropped it from about 3.5 feet onto concrete and my phone was completely fine. That's the kind of thing I would need - impact resistant.

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
Otterboxes are nice but man they are bulky...most people here at work prefer them though because they are so protective. I carry my phone in my purse and rarely drop it or have it come in contact with things that could scratch it.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I had a hard plastic case, and the tab at the bottom broke off just the other day. It has never been dropped, just bumped around in my purse, so I was more than a little irritated.

I found an AWESOME deal on Amazon.com:
Accessories for Blackberry Storm 9500 . Premium Black Leather Case with Belt Clip + Black Durable Rubber Soft Silicone Skin Cover Case + Clear Durable Rubber Soft Silicone Skin Cover Case + USB Rapid Car Charger + USB Home Travel Charger + Clear Durable Reusable LCD Screen Protector + USB Data Cable for RIM Blackberry 9530 9500 Storm Smartphone ... for $6.99!!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I had a hard plastic case, and the tab at the bottom broke off just the other day. It has never been dropped, just bumped around in my purse, so I was more than a little irritated.

I found an AWESOME deal on Amazon.com:
Accessories for Blackberry Storm 9500 . Premium Black Leather Case with Belt Clip + Black Durable Rubber Soft Silicone Skin Cover Case + Clear Durable Rubber Soft Silicone Skin Cover Case + USB Rapid Car Charger + USB Home Travel Charger + Clear Durable Reusable LCD Screen Protector + USB Data Cable for RIM Blackberry 9530 9500 Storm Smartphone ... for $6.99!!
Did you check the shipping? Amazon often lists things at extremely low prices, then charge $20+ for shipping/handling. I did that by accident once. It listed a screen protector + case for $.2.99, but when I got to the order page it was 14.99 total (12.00 for shipping).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts