Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may seem as a dumb question, but I don't have a clue and I don't want Zora getting hurt. We have a tone of blackberry bushes, which are all in bloom. she goes crazy for them. She picks and pulls them off herself if I don't pick them fast enough. My question is : are these o.k. for her to be eating? If not I'm going to have a lot of landscaping to deal with!!

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
Mine also do this when the blackberries start growing. Dogs are carnivores but a little fruit won't hurt them. ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ruff n tumble crew said:
That was always a special treat for my old Pepper. Thanks. That brings back some very fond memories. :)
I'm so glad to know there o.k. We have so much fun, on our walks around our property she stops at the berries, sits, and just stares at me until I pick them for her, then once she gets the taste, if I'm not picking fast enough she does it herself, it's so cute to watch her!

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Emma loves berries! She eats all kind of berries ( the ones I know are OK!) and one of her favorites is Blackberries.... Right now she's very into some blue berries, not very common but eatable, she just stops in front of the bushes and start picking those berries. It's so fun to watch! And she loves cherries as well today she found some on the ground and she picked them up! She certainly is into berries She really loves her berries! ;D So congratulations you have a "berry-lab"! ;D

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Emma the Lab said:
Emma loves berries! She eats all kind of berries ( the ones I know are OK!) and one of her favorites is Blackberries.... Right now she's very into some blue berries, not very common but eatable, she just stops in front of the bushes and start picking those berries. It's so fun to watch! And she loves cherries as well today she found some on the ground and she picked them up! She certainly is into berries She really loves her berries! ;D So congratulations you have a "berry-lab"! ;D
Yes! Zora loves bluberries too! We'll have to try the cherries!

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Emma the Lab said:
Emma loves berries! She eats all kind of berries ( the ones I know are OK!) and one of her favorites is Blackberries.... Right now she's very into some blue berries
Brigetta loves blueberries too! I never thought to give her any, but I had spilled some on the floor and she ate them up. I put them in plain yogurt for my breakfast...so now I have to give her some too!

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Good thing you've got bushes - here we don't and if Morgan even tried for my blackberries - store bought at great cost - I'd bite him! MY FRUIT!

(ok - obviously I am not sharing today!)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Try freezing the blueberries! Zora loves them on these hot summer days as a cool treat!

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Where we walk in Kansas (at a neture preserve), there are a number of mulberry trees which produce berries very similar in shape and color (but much smaller) to blackberries. Their season is now over, but when it was in, I stopped and picked off some of the ripe ones and usually offered a group of 3-4 to Puff. That got her interested in searching the ground for ripe ones that had fallen and we'd both graze for awhile at each tree we came to.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Is it ok for them to eat the cherry pits? Buck ate one (whole cherry) once and loved it but I don't give him any because of the pits...

·
Registered
14,925 Posts
Buckyball said:
Is it ok for them to eat the cherry pits? Buck ate one (whole cherry) once and loved it but I don't give him any because of the pits...
I don't know about the pits... but Emma eats pits when she picks cherries on her own, but I usually take the pit out when I pick them for her

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
sounds like a good plan. If I do give him a cherry I bite half the cherry and give him the rest after I remove the pit.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts