Just Labradors banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my lab to my breeder to get her checked out for an upcoming show and she noticed a small spot on Floss's ear and asked if she had a couple of black hairs. Floss got a peice of gum and mucked herself up a couple of weeks ago so I told my breeder I thought it was dirt. I took her home and went to wash the spot off, and well, it wouldn't wash off. Does anyone will know if this will be a problem for showing? It's just a few hairs and a very small spot.

·
Registered
56 Posts
No, I doubt a few hairs would be a problem. I have a yellow girl with a small round mismark on her cheek.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
In the standard it says no black hairs on a yellow dog. If it is very small, you can probably get rid of them without a problem. Buddy has a small black spot about the size of an eraser on the top of his back over his left hip. I tried to wash his spot off, too.

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
buddysmom said:
In the standard it says no black hairs on a yellow dog....
I was thinking the same thing. Glad someone had the standard handy! :)

Mick had a few black hairs on his side. Funny thing is, they came and went. I tried to pick them out when they first showed up- I thought it was something stuck to his fur.

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
I don't imagine it would be too far of a stretch to just clip the hairs out. I would think the spot isn't THAT big. Grace has a tiny white spot on her head. Naturally I see it all the time like a neon sign since I am so close with her, but none of the judges have ever remarked on it. If I clipped them out, no one would be the wiser...

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your replies. lol, hopefully I can hold her still to pluck them out. The spot is so small I'm guessing there are about 5-10 hairs so it shouldn't be that bed. It's weird that they just popped up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yes, I'm aware of what the standard says, but if it's only a few hairs, I really wouldn't bother.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. Glad someone had the standard handy! :)

Mick had a few black hairs on his side. Funny thing is, they came and went. I tried to pick them out when they first showed up- I thought it was something stuck to his fur.
Same goes for my yellow lab she has 1 black hair maybe more but I found only 1

1 - 9 of 9 Posts