Just Labradors banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tendered my resignation about two weeks ago. I was burned out, and not getting along woith my new boss. Friday was my last day. They laid off five people just as I was leaving. Two were from my department. With the upcoming projects i am glad I am gone. it would have ment long hours, lots of stress, and lots of tension. Everybody including the boss said I was vety relaxed.

My son graduated from college Sunday. Because I am momentarily retired we were able to travel to be with him He was very happy to see us. His mother chose to go out of town rather than go to his commencement, so I am glad we were there to cheer him across the stage.

On the way back home we stopped off in Lewistown NC so Wife could visit the scrapebooking/rubberstamping store. The owners saw us walking the kids and came over to talk Labs as they have an eleven week old yellow Lab female. Of course the kids had to come up on the porch for a visit so the staff could love on them. Before leaving we stopped at the ice cream and coffee store next door for ice cream. The clerk had seen us out on the porch and asked if the dogs needed any water. That was very nice, but we had water in the car. We'll be going back to both places.

This week I am trying to catch up on all the stuff I got behind on while working 50-60 hours a week

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hey, good for you!! Now you can enjoy more time with the dogs. :)

His mother chose to go out of town rather than go to his commencement
That's BS! My sisters daughter is graduating from Penn State on Saturday - her first child to go to college - and her ex-husband won't go because she'll be there. Ridiculous!!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Good for you!!!! Life is way too short to let something like stress put a dent in your "self". Take the time to find something you enjoy doing and are happy with. Congratulations to you son too!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Wow, Andy congratulations for taking that big a step towards improving your quality of life! :) Hope everything works out fantastic for you.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
My son graduated from college Sunday. Because I am momentarily retired we were able to travel to be with him He was very happy to see us. His mother chose to go out of town rather than go to his commencement, so I am glad we were there to cheer him across the stage.
Shame on her.

Enjoy your time!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Good for you taking care of yourself. I'm glad your visits were pleasant as well. Good luck with whatever you choose to do next.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.