Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need the name of a really good biscut or treat to give Mercedes..she gets Nutro Max biscuts now and carrots , bananas, green beans, cherrios, and animal crackers as treats also..but I need a good dog biscut. I heard OLd Mother Hubbard are supposed to be good, but cannot find them at pet stores or know anythng about them. What do you suggest?

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I don't buy biscuits anymore, I make my own. When I started reading the ingredients I found sugars, and sodium, and artificial this and artificial that........ I wanted to get away from chemicals and preservatives, so I make my own....... sorry I can't recommend any store bought biscuits.

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I always bought them on-line at Petco. I like the ingredients. But I haven't been giving my girls dog treats since all this recall stuff. I give them Cheerios.
I did look on the Old Mother Hubbard Bitz & Meaties that I bought & there was no wheat gluten in them.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
I used to use dehyrdated banana/apple slices & hotdog slices sprinkled with garlic powder & nuked in the microwave.

Now I mainly use some of Puff's next kibble meal, a few kibbles at a time, given for each successful response -- kind of a modified NiLiF (Nothing in Life is Free) protocol.

BUT sometimes I take a fresh banana along and bite off a slice of it to feed to Puff for a task well done.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
usually use other treats like you, carrots, green beans, dried bananas ect. as far as bisquits go I have 'blue" holistic bisquits for Sammi right now- she seems to love them, but then again she seems to love everything ;)

·
Registered
506 Posts
We are using lots of things right now. They get Eukanuba biscuits when they go in the crates. We use a treat we got at a show but I don't remember the name. Our favorite is the Gerber fruit puffs from the baby aisle.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Jefferson really likes Newmans Own organic dog treats. Also, our trainer recommended the Natural Balance roll (in comes in a roll; in turkey, beef and I think duck) sliced into small pieces and frozen for treats.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I really like the Buddy Biscuits for a good, all-natural treat. All of their treats are free of corn, soy, sugar, and salt. They also make a soft treat without propylene glycol, BHA, or BHT which makes for a great training treat. (I break the soft ones up into smaller bits for training.)

·
Registered
440 Posts
OK, I'm guilty of giving biscuits. I was getting the Purina ONE Large Breed biscuits (I liked the size) at Target, but Target stopped carrying the Large Breed biscuits. So, now I get either the Lamb and Rice or the Turkey & Rice. I would get the Pro Plan biscuits, but comparing the ingredients with the Purina ONE, they seem the same and the ONE biscuits are a bit cheaper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
We feed Hudson Wellness treats. There make a few different flavors and they are wheat free and a pretty natural treat. They are a little on the expensive end though. Lately I have been doing training with Hudson and giving him raw almonds. He absolutely loves them and I don't mind him eating them either.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
we use carrots for treats in our house. we have both dogs trained to love fruits and veggies and they act like you have just given them a piece of heaven when you feed them something like this.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts