Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hee!

My BIL gave me a check for my birthday. These are always dicey affairs, as I end up giving them to Eileen to cash, and then, the $$s end up in the household budget and are sent off to the electric company or are chewed up in the gas tank.

Not much of a birthday gift.

But this year -- Heh! I've targeted something SPECIFIC, something I've wanted for quite a while, and dammit, I'm doing it.

One of my favorite movies of all-time is The Court Jester with Danny Kaye. When the movie was released in 1954, of course it had a soundtrack album. Which went out of print decades ago.

I DID find a CD online, but sheesh, the thing was $75 (because it was combined w/Hans Christian Anderson, but neither track list was complete).

Anyway cut to the chase: I've found a copy online of the LP and bought it. And I'm going to have it transferred to CD and melded into my iPod.

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!

Okay so sue me. I get excited by weird things like this.

T

·
0 Posts
:D Hey, it's the little things that make us happy!! I would be excited too if I was you! Enjoy!!!

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
It's hard to spend free money, isn't it? When i sell my treadmill, i was thinking of putting most of it toward cc debt but spend a little on myself.. maybe a wii?

Now i'm going to buy xrays for koda..not nearly as fun, but maybe i can use them as placemats or something.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm still on the fact that your BIL gives you a check for your birthday. Adults in my family don't give gifts to eachother unless it's our parents. Wow.

But yea, I'd end up putting it in the household budget. :gum:

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hawkins: I've got it! I've got it! The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice from the palace has the brew that is true! Right?
Griselda: Right. But there's been a change: they broke the chalice from the palace!
Hawkins: They *broke* the chalice from the palace?
Griselda: And replaced it with a flagon.
Hawkins: A flagon...?
Griselda: With the figure of a dragon.
Hawkins: Flagon with a dragon.
Griselda: Right.
Hawkins: But did you put the pellet with the poison in the vessel with the pestle?
Griselda: No! The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon! The vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true!
Hawkins: The pellet with the poison's in the flagon with the dragon; the vessel with the pestle has the brew that is true.
Griselda: Just remember that.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MidwestGirl said:
Good for you!!!!!!

when is your bday?
Dec 27.

Gifts from adults
Yeah, it's all kinda weird, but we're caught in this train of we exchange w/them because they exchange w/us because we exchange w/them because they exchange w/us......

Remember the Little Fiddle?
Was that from Tubby the Tuba??

Hawkins: Flagon with a dragon.
Never grows old! Neither does: Get it? Got it! Good!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Yeah, it's all kinda weird, but we're caught in this train of we exchange w/them because they exchange w/us because we exchange w/them because they exchange w/us......
I hear ya!

EEEEK, I wasn't around on your birthday so I missed it!

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY, DAN!!! :D

·
Registered
577 Posts
Good for you. I think birthday money should be spent on something that you would not ordinarily buy for yourself.

Not to hijack, but Kelli I understand what you mean by
Now i'm going to buy xrays for koda..not nearly as fun, but maybe i can use them as placemats or something.

I have been wanting 2 carat diamond studs for years and had been sort of saving for them when Gus had to have TPLO on both legs. Now, anytime I mention something about new earrings, my husband says mine are in Gus' back legs and that I am happy about it! He's right, I much prefer a healthy Augustus to more ear sparkle.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I STILL have not sent you a b-day present Dan. Can I send you a check too? :laugh:

Speaking of Dan's b-day, anyone remember the limerick I wrote for Dan a couple years ago? Dang, I wonder where that is?

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
We do birthday gifts with siblings. Well... my brother and his wife and me and Jason all 4 exchange with each other. On Jason's side, it's just the actual siblings that exchange, not the spouses. We only married in - we don't qualify for $20 gift cards. :laugh:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts