Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You all were such a big help last Sept when I made a cake for my friends daughters birthday I thought Id ask for your help again!!

I was asked to make a cake for a little boy I know next weekend. we tried to order a set but it was back ordered and wouldnt be here in time..
It is cars theme.. the mother wants a cake for the adults and cupcakes for the kids. The cake has to have Lightning McQueen on it.. The pan that I have found is only 13 3/4 x 6 1/4 x 2 3/4.. So its not real big. It wont feed the number of people she is expecting... She never called me back lastnight and so my mom and I came up with this idea and I texted her and asked her if she would trust me with this... It is fine and I can do as I like as long as the theme stays Cars..
This is what the cake looks like from the pan.

The Idea:
My idea is to take 2-13x9's and put them side by side to make an 18x13. Do 1-13x9 chocolate the other white. frost them together in the 18x13 size. I will make it look kinda like a strip of road.. I will then frost Lightning McQueen and place him on the road at the party..

This isnt what it will look like but an idea of what it will look like.. They have put theirs on a board I will put mine on top of the 18x13 cake

Anyone have a better idea??

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Sounds good to me ;)

1 thing though...how deep is lightning? If he's too big he might look silly on top of the cake. If that's the case you might want to take a piece of dental floss and slice him in half thereby making 2 lightnings and you could decorate the other half for extra cake ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stacey he will only be about 1 3/4 to 2 inches high after I am done making him sit flat.

Now I am thinking this might be to much cake.. :-\

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
Cute!

What about doing two cakes. Decorate one as Lightening McQueen and one as Sally (is that her name?? The blue car?). You can put it on a larger cake board and should have plenty.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about doing a Sally but I cant find a pan for her. Lightning McQueen has his own pan and I can see the details as I frost him!!!
We have decided that we will leave it as is and if there is left over cake they can either feed it to the birds or someone can take it home (NOT ME)!

I also thought about doing 2 lightning McQueens but that would be A LOT of work and I don't feel like putting THAT much work into it..

I will post pictures either friday night or Sunday morning!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts