Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on Sunday I turned 25 and I was actually bummed out!!!! I know I know 25 is young, but I really thought that I would be a mom by now. Anyone else get bummed out on their b-days? I am over it now and decided to just be happy with my life the way it is.......but it freaked me out for a second. First time I realized that I was getting OLDER!!!!

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I think my 25th was similar.. though not with the no child disappointment... /shudder... just the whole "still in school... not married" blahness... come to think of it.. that's how my 26th and very nearly my 27th was exactly...

Oh man.. not looking forward to 28... not at all!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ender's Mom said:
I think my 25th was similar.. though not with the no child disappointment... /shudder... just the whole "still in school... not married" blahness... come to think of it.. that's how my 26th and very nearly my 27th was exactly...

Oh man.. not looking forward to 28... not at all!
Ok good to know that I am not the only one!!! I just remember being 18 and having this friend that was 25 and thinking "god he is so old!!!"

·
Registered
578 Posts
I thought the same thing when I turned 25. I so expected to be a mom already. I'm 31 now, and didn't have my daughter until I was 29 (just a couple weeks shy of 30), and in hindsight, it is such a good thing I did not have a child at 25. Those few years made a big difference. You have plenty of time for kids. Enjoy this time now as it is and know that there's a little baby waiting for you in the future :)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
regarese said:
I thought the same thing when I turned 25. I so expected to be a mom already. I'm 31 now, and didn't have my daughter until I was 29 (just a couple weeks shy of 30), and in hindsight, it is such a good thing I did not have a child at 25. Those few years made a big difference. You have plenty of time for kids. Enjoy this time now as it is and know that there's a little baby waiting for you in the future :)
I know I know :) Hopefully I will have a baby by the time I am 26 but if it doesn't happen no big deal!!! That just means Jake will be my one and only baby

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I turn 30 this November and I am already dreading it. I don't really know why, I have a great life, great hubby, a fantastic job, phenomenal friends ... and yet that number is freaking me out.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tuckersmom said:
I turn 30 this November and I am already dreading it. I don't really know why, I have a great life, great hubby, a fantastic job, phenomenal friends ... and yet that number is freaking me out.
Yeah I think it is the "number" Your not in your early twenties anymore, ya know? I snapped out of it quick when I thought about how lucky I am to have to life that I have. And that I am healthy and my husband is healthy.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
For me it was turning 40. But I'm a very young 40 (41, now). I'm as busy today as I was 15 years ago.

Don't let yourself feel old. Don't let yourself believe your old. Ever.

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
I know exactly how you feel I am getting ready to turn 26 in a few weeks and I was the same and always thought I would have a baby by now. But I have a wonderful husband and we have good jobs and we have two dogs we adore. We're working on having a baby now but it will happen when the time is right. Try not to rush it and enjoy the time you have with your husband now.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts