Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bill had an appointment at the Lab rescue outside of Louisville this afternoon. He had met a few boys, when there was an accident. A woman who lives there at the rescue has a certified Search and Rescue dog, in addition to a couple of others. She came home while Bill was there, and let her dogs out. She threw a ball and the S&R dog and another one both went after it and collided. The S&R dog went down, yelping in pain, and could not get up.

Luckily both the woman who runs the rescue (Michelle) and the other woman are vet techs. They got on the phone with the vet, gave the dog a shot to prevent inflammation, and Bill helped them get him on a backboard to transport to emergency. The woman couldn't get the board into her truck so Bill drove her and the dog 35 miles to the emergency clinic. He is still there, waiting for Michelle and her husband to get there; they were held up by people dropping off dogs just as Bill and the other woman were leaving.

Please say a prayer for the S&R dog. He seemed to have no feeling in his rear legs. :-\

Yes, Bill did meet a couple of Labs he really liked, but had not met any of the girls yet. He will find out when I can go down to meet them and let me know tonight or tomorrow.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh no! I'm terrified of something like that happening with the boys. They are so rowdy when they get going :(

Hope all goes well. That's very sweet of Bill to stay with them.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
Sorry to hear about the S&R dog. Hope it's nothing serious and can be fixed.

So sweet of Bill to drive them to emergency, and then wait.
Hope you & Bill can see some girls soon.

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
Oh no! Things happen so quickly. I hope that he has a fast recovery.

Good luck on the continued search for the "right one".

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Oh no! Thoughts and prayers for the S&R pup.

Bill is a wonderful man to drive them to the emergency clinic and then wait :angel:

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
What a freaky accident....... I hope the dog will be alright ! Please keep us posted.

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Oh no, so sorry to hear this. I hope that dog will be ok.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Oh that poor dog. I sure hope he'll be okay - what a shame. Amazing how fate works and Bill was there when he was needed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts