Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend nearly killed me. Our kennel was full, with over 100 dogs. :eek:

We had a bunch of Labs, who I obviously took an immediate liking to. One of them was still a puppy, his name was Timber and oh my gosh he was huge! The biggest Lab I've seen.. EVER. I wanted to steal him, though.

Right now we have a Leonberger boarding. I've never seen one before, but holy smokes they are HUGE. This guy was 165 the last time he was in, so I bet he's around 170 lbs now. He looks kind of like this guy, except more cuddly:

And then we have a female English Mastiff who looks similar to this one:

The Mastiff pulled me around quite a bit, but you should have seen the guy that works there with this dog.. he weighs less than the dog! :D

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Wow! Never heard of a leonberger, but that's HUGE!!
how much does he eat, anyway? : 0

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Awww. We have a Leonberger in the neighborhood. One of the sweetest, most gentle dogs I've ever met.

I love the giants. They just don't live long enough for me ever to consider one.

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Leonbergers are my dream dog. I found a breeder when we looked for our last dog. $4,500 for a female. Couldn't quite get that past the husband; in fact he more or less laughed hysterically at the suggestion.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I love the giants. They just don't live long enough for me ever to consider one.
Same here :)

Leonbergers are my dream dog. I found a breeder when we looked for our last dog. $4,500 for a female. Couldn't quite get that past the husband; in fact he more or less laughed hysterically at the suggestion.
:eek: yeah, John already thinks we pay too much for the dogs, I can't imagine his face if I tossed $4500 out there.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
One of my college Professors had one. He'd come to class with him. This class was at 1:30 in the afternoon and I'd always stop to grab a bite between this class and the previous one. I smelled like sandwiches. The big goober would always find me in class and wiggle his way between the seats and lay on top of my feet!

Cutest thing ever!!! So big and cuddly!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I agree 100% with Nathan, they don't live long enough. I've always wanted a Newfie or a St. Bernard, but I won't ever get one. :(

That is one big-ass dog!! Gorgeous!!

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
We've had Leos in obed classes. A fantabulous dog. I'd get one, too (there are Leo rescues out there), but for the hair. And the (relatively short) life expectancy.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
We've had Leos in obed classes. A fantabulous dog. I'd get one, too (there are Leo rescues out there), but for the hair. And the (relatively short) life expectancy.
Well from the 30 minutes I was checking them out:D they have their "molting" like a Lab!! Life expectancy was 10-12yrs.

Yeah I want one now:D

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
I had a Leo in an obedience class I was in with Lucy. He was about the size of a St. Bernard - a little lighter in the body. Beautiful dog, way too much coat for me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts