Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, I am so excited about this, I swear I almost feel like it happened to me! :D I just had to share.

Some of you may remember back when Angus first started at the dog club, and we were going for our CGC. The CGC class is where the phrase "Alligator Death Roll" was coined, if that gives you some idea of how well it went for us. :no: :laugh:

We were just getting started, I was extremely green to formal training, and Angus behaved like a complete monkey head, wrapping up the class by achieving the distinction of being the only dog in the class who did not pass the CGC. I was crushed.

Our instructor, Andrea, was so encouraging and supportive. She told me stories about her dog acting out and how much it upset her. She validated my feelings and reassured me it was OK to be upset, but NOT to give up. She loved Angus and believed in him, and believed in me. She was in large part responsible for me pursuing obedience training. After he bombed on his first CGC attempt she invited us to come watch her compete in agility. Every time she'd see us at the club she'd ask when we were going to show, and remind me not to give up and tell me how sure she was Angus could do it. :D Just a very sweet person. I love her.

SO!

This past weekend, Andrea and her Golden Retriever, Jakki, earned a VST. This is the highest tracking title offered by the AKC. "Great," you say, "But what's the big deal about that?"

:D

WELL!

Andrea and Jakki have also earned an OTCH, the highest title in obedience. And a MACH, the highest title in agility. THEREFORE, Jakki is now...

VCCH!

:D :D :D

"Great," you say, "But what's the big deal about that?"

WELL!

Jakki is the very first dog to ever achieve this title.

EVER! Can you believe it?!?!?!

You wouldn't believe the emails that are flying around about this. We are all just so excited. AND, to make it even more amazing, Andrea was Novice A with Jakki. This is her very first dog.

:D

I'm so proud for her. It couldn't happen to a nicer person. I have been just giddy about it all day, and wanted to share with people I knew could really appreciate the gravity of this achievement!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
That is great!!!! Congrats to your friend!!!!

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Jakki is an 8 1/2 year old male Golden. He also has a UDX so he will now become "VCCH Jakki UDX" the VST hasn't posted to the AKC website yet so he is still listed as "OTCH MACH Jakki UDX TDX VCD3".
It takes a very special dog and handler to get a VCCH. In Obedience the dog must follow your lead and commands, in Agility the dog must follow your guidance, in tracking the dog must show you the way.

Congratulations to Jakki and Andrea on having three very different relationships and one great relationship.

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Congratulations to your friend! and you by association!

Now get yourself over to the new board.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
That is really great! Some accomplishment there! Congrats to Andrea.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
WOW! That is incredible!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts