Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite on line source for interceptor?

TIA

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Karen, you have enough dogs, why don't you just use the liquid Ivomec?
I do not know anything about it! Where can I learn? Actually I am asking for the dog that I co-own (and he also now has Buddy back-the choco that was at my house for fat camp).

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Ask on LW. Many of us use it instead of heartgard. I can't afford heartgard for 6 dogs. I give 1/10 of a cc every 45 days.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
We use an online company from Australia, like www.megapetsupplies.com

You do have to allow some extra time for shipping.

ETA: 6mos., white, 48-99 lbs, $46.50

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
You can get liquid Ivomec from most big equine stores. Store it indoors or it starts to break down.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I get mine from Drs. Foster and Smith.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
We get our Interceptor from our vet. Their price is the same as most of the on-line companies. Same for the Frontline Plus. We are fortunate to have a great vet! :)

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
It took a long while for me to feel comfortable giving the liquid injectable orally. But finally cost won out.
This took away my questions about dosing. I give it straight, on a piece of bread. I do not dilute it.

http://www.petplace.com/drug-library/ivermectin-ivomec-heartgard/page1.aspx

Dosing Information

Medication should never be administered without first consulting your veterinarian. The dose for ivermectin varies from species to species and also depends on the intent of treatment. General dosing guidelines follow.

For dogs: Dose is 0.0015 to 0.003 mg per pound (0.003 to 0.006 mg/kg) once a month for heartworm prevention; 0.15 mg per pound (0.3 mg/kg) once, then repeat in 14 days for skin parasites; and 0.1 mg per pound (0.2 mg/kg) once for gastrointestinal parasites.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts