Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been thin. I think right now I'm 5'7" and 135 pounds. Lately though, I've been noticing a "belly" :-\ ILLLLCKKKKK, I hate it! :-X I changed my diet months ago and now I'm eating lowfat and added a lot more fruits and veggies, but yet today I feel like a bloated fat pig. I've also cut back on sugar. So here's my question. Ya think this is from the wine I drink? I don't know what else it could be from. I drink Pinot Grigio....too much sugar in the wine maybe?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Hey, I am in the boat lately. I have always been thin but I have this gut thing going on that I find very unattractive. I think it may be due to childbirth. I have heard that it stretches your belly muscles and they never go back to the same way before. But also when you change eating habits sometimes your body thinks it is straving and starts to store fat. I heard if you stick with it the fat will go away, my problem is sticking to a plan. I have just started excercising again after 4 years of blah and I feel like jelly. hehe. I hope my body will start toning up by the summer time. Anyway, this is more of a sympathy post...I hear ya!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
your body thinks it is straving and starts to store fat.
Really??

I don't excercise as in "go to the gym", but I walk daily.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
I'm only 27 and I'm starting to notice this...

of course I eat pretty mediocrely (is that a word?) and don't exercise for anything really... need to start working on that...

G

·
When I was 20ish and after my first child, I was able to drop a few inches and get back in my pre-pregnancy jeans by doing 100 situps a day.

Seventeen years later and it is gonna take a lot more than that to get rid of my extra weight. In my 20s, it was strictly toning up the muscles, no real weight issue. And I don't think I'll be doing any kind of situps.....

Try some sort of toning and stretching. Honestly, sit at the desk and concentrate on keeping you belly sucked in. It is minimall, but you will feel it. I like to think that I'm doing something to help it. :-\

Canula2000 said:
But also when you change eating habits sometimes your body thinks it is straving and starts to store fat.
I always thought it started to burn the fat because there wasn't anything else.......But I have learned that you need to have some calories to burn calories. So you can't starve yourself. But then what do I know, I have lbs I still haven't gotten rid of.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What I do eat is minimal. I eat several small meals a day. Like this morning I had cottage cheese and fruit. I'll probably have a packet of oatmeal in about an hour. Tuna on wheat for lunch, a midday snack of somethingorother, and then 1/2 of whatever I make for dinner.

I never gave birth to a kid so I can't blame that. :-\

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
it could be age, it could be the wine (how much do you drink) A glass of wine is 2 fats. I'll trade you my extra skin for your fat LOL I'm scared what I'll look like when it all goes south LOL

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I have the same problem....AGAIN. But, I notice that when I go on the South Beach, lower carb...complex carb diet I lose it in a week! I think I overload on carbs which can be found in fruits too! UGH. April 1 I am starting on it again. I am 5 foot 6 and 134. I want to lose 10 lbs.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
A glass of wine is 2 fats.
What do you mean? 2 grams of fat per glass?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Fruits are high in carbs! ****! Maybe that's part of the problem. I have, and always have a had a problem with carbs. Bloats me right up.

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
A glass of wine is 2 fats.
What do you mean? 2 grams of fat per glass?
As an exchange. you know when foods say it's a stratch or a fruit or a veggie or a protien or a fat. a glass of wine is 2 fats. I only have 3 fats a day. a fat can also 2 tsp of peanut butter, or 1 tsp of mayo. or a tsp of margarine. A fat actually has 5 g of fat.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
Fruits are high in carbs! ****! Maybe that's part of the problem. I have, and always have a had a problem with carbs. Bloats me right up.
yes, SBD says "Loose belly fat first" which just ISN'T true! But you DO loose inches....mostly bloating I have found. I find that I pee like a racehorse in July when on SBD...I think I must retain a LOT of carbs from eating bad carbs (which I am badly addicted to) ???

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
...I think I must retain a LOT of carbs from eating bad carbs
Like those bagels with cream cheese that I was eating a couple of times a week? :-[ I don't even know what a complex carb is. I need to do some research on this crap.

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Well, I'm doing South Beach right now. Started 2-1/2 weeks ago. I'm 12 pounds lighter. I have a long way to go, but I just tried on a skirt that I bought on my honeymoon three years ago and I fit in to it for the first time since I bought it (I had done SBD right before our wedding). I do think it's a lot of water weight, I read that carbs/sugars hold water in your cells, but I'm just going to stick with it because I haven't eaten this healthily in years.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OK, I just checked my snack drawer here at work :

Nutrigrain yogurt bar - 26 grams per serving
Sunmaid dried cranberries - 33 grams per serving
WheatThins Harvest garden vegetable - 23 grams per serving
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I need to check out this Southbeach diet.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
What about weight watchers? I really like it, actually. It's hugely enlightening for learning what is good and what is bad for you. BUT you can still make your own decisions and use your points how you want to.

It's definitely great to teaching people how to eat more healthfully for the long haul.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
jzgrlduff said:
OK, I just checked my snack drawer here at work :

Nutrigrain yogurt bar - 26 grams per serving
Sunmaid dried cranberries - 33 grams per serving
WheatThins Harvest garden vegetable - 23 grams per serving
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I need to check out this Southbeach diet.
I did not understand what a complex carb was till I read the book. It REALLY makes sends! It explains breads and pasta. you CAN eat good carbs once to reduce your cravings....so they have 3 phases. I really like this diet! I like the recipes and food! Do you like seafood? I love it and found that they had some REALLY killer seafood recipes!

I am starting again! I want to feel good again, that is the main thing.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts