Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
home with her new "fur"ever family this afternoon.

She has new big brother Ridley & a big sister, Krissa. I think she will do well, but it will take some time for her to settle in with them.

Lexi seems a little out of sorts, I think she is missing her little pal. I am amazed by how quiet the house is with just one dog. I miss the little bugger & I actually cried when she left. Guess that is no surprise, I am such a mush when it comes to the dogs & after 5 weeks, I grew kind of attached to the little monkey.

That makes 2 fosters, now so I guess I am NOT a foster flunkie! I've got an 8 week break now & will not get my next foster until after Memorial Day due to my work schedule.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Congrats to Bella and her new family, and to you! I think what you are doing is great.

·
Registered
7,797 Posts
good job!
everyone always asks me if my fosters are "really" fosters and assume I will adopt haha. Though I loved them all, and saying goobye was sad, I never truly wanted to keep any of them and enjoy breaks in between :) Plus the homes they went to were all really great and most could offer something I could not so it was always for the best :D I imagine if I continue to foster for many years there will come a time when the right one comes and will not go though!
My current foster is curled up next to me on the couch (tired dog is a good dog and man is he tired!)

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good job!
everyone always asks me if my fosters are "really" fosters and assume I will adopt haha. Though I loved them all, and saying goobye was sad, I never truly wanted to keep any of them and enjoy breaks in between :) Plus the homes they went to were all really great and most could offer something I could not so it was always for the best :D I imagine if I continue to foster for many years there will come a time when the right one comes and will not go though!
My current foster is curled up next to me on the couch (tired dog is a good dog and man is he tired!)
Tanya, I understand completely what you mean! My family & a lot of other friends swore I would be a Foster Failure with the first one. Well, I've proved them wrong twice now.

In both cases, even though I was sad, I felt good about the families they went to. I agree, eventually, I might get a foster who ends up being "the one" who stays.

I was greatly relieved last night to get an email from Bella's new family. They reported that she was doing better than expected. She had chosen her "spot" in the house & has apparently really taken to their daughter. For a pup who was very timid around strangers, she has let their daughter pet her for quite a while last night. I think she'll do good, her big brother Ridley was already trying to get her to play.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Great Job! I really admire what you do with the fosters. I am glad Bella has found her forever home she looks such a sweetie.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts