Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last night while playing with Bella she ran back to me while retrieving a ball and came too close and hit my left leg, knocking it out from under me. I took a bad fall landing on my back and hit my head pretty hard on the ground. Goose egg on both head and leg and a neck sprain to boot. Ibuprofin has become my friend.
I'm glad it wasn't worse and that it was dark so hopefully my neighbors didn't see my imitation of Charlie Brown at the ball field!!:D. She new she did something to me as she acted sheepishly around me for awhile I think she knows she cut it too close and knocked mom on her butt.Hmmm, maybe it was a planned event. ;) So now I can move my neck forward but am not able to tilt it up, so Monday I will be going to the doctor, but other then that it was a great holiday weekend for us. lol

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Oh my, another Lab-caused accident! :( Sorry you got slammed, hope the doctor finds nothing serious that some rest and time won't cure.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I've seen that happen before to my neighbor...she has two labs. Don't forget the heating pad!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It sure doesn't help the fact that I'm blonde! LOL I was watching her with my husband today and she cuts real close to your leg when returning from a retrieve, so I will have to watch out for that from now on.
It doesn't hurt as bad today due to ice, the heat will come later, but the chiropractor told me to ice an injury the first several days then heat, and massage.

·
Registered
2,914 Posts
Ouch... I know how that is... I got a huge goose egg on my head from Saba when he was a puppy... :D and an "almost" black eye once by running into his head!
Hope you feel better soon!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts