Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wheeww! This is really hard. Not bad at all when the weather is fine, but juggling things around with so much snow and ice on the ground is making me a really... not nice person. :(

I... I... I... find myself yelling at my dogs to just "LAY DOWN!" and throwing the ball for them in the house, trying to keep them happy with treats and extra cuddles and weird doggie conversations. You guys know the conversations I'm talking about. And then you're trying to get some meal going for yourself or clean the bathroom or... or... or...

But the fact of the matter is, they want to go out in the RHG with mom like usual and... it's just too treacherous at the moment!

And... where is that other person, mom?

:(

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Understand completely!

HK doesn't get enough exercise even when I do take her out here. We have about 14 inches on the ground, but we got just a little rain at the tail end. It formed an ice crust she can walk on, but any attempt to run and she punches through. Makes it hard for her, and I think danger of injury. So she tends to walk around sniffing for a potty spot, then inside pestering me to play. Can't imagine with 7 dogs. Could only hope they entertain each other inside.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I was wondering how you are doing...sorry it is such a rough time. Know you are in my thoughts.

I find a nice marrow bone works wonders when I need a moment of peace and quitet. And an old one works in a pinch if I fill the center with a little peanut butter.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Nance, it sometimes is no better with a second parent. :rolleyes:

Bill is always yelling at the boys to stop playing in the house. :( I'm trying to explain to them that they can't go out right now, to play quietly, and trying to get Bill to calm down and let them butt-tuck and play a little inside, for pete's sake.

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Nancy, I'm sorry you're having a tough time. It must be hard spending your first holiday by yourself.

My dogs get bored in the house too. I try to get them out as much as possible, but sometimes the weather makes it hard.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Sorry I have no advice or words of wisdom. ((hugs)) Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative very shortly.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
i can't even imagine, nance.. i can find two overwhelming at times.. 7 would send me over the edge.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I'm sorry Nance. That has got to be overwhelming. Hopefully the weather will be more cooperative soon.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
I understand. It's really tough when they can't go out and use up all that excess energy.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
((((HUGS))))) I understand - I find that 4 animals with another person who helps some is STILL overwhelming at times. If it really gets bad, give them all some benedryl and send them to bed! :)

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Yes, they do have it in them to drive you nuts, but you know in the long run, you wouldn't have it any other way. Hopefully the weather will improve soon so they can get some good outside time :) Hang in there!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nance,

Hang in there. I know i is hard, but I think they understand and are testing you!!!
Hugs and hope the weather gets better, so that you can reurn to the RHG's and all will be happy. Happy New Year and hope Christmas was good.

Love You
Ginny

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
(((BIG HUGS))) Add two kids and one more animal in, and I'll be right there with you in a few weeks when Jason leaves (military stuff). I'm not looking forward to it. My problem will probably be that time will be stretched very thin with the kids activities more so than the weather (I hope).

Hopefully the weather will improve for you soon!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts