Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't want to hijack the Parris Island thread, so here are before and after pictures of my 'baby' brother. These photos were taken exactly one year apart, to the day! :) Sorry they are so large, they are scans of wallet-size photos and I don't know why they came out so big.

High school graduation photo, 1973 - pudgy, baby-faced kid. He despised that curly hair and always wore a hat to cover it. Now, he'd give anything to have it back! ;)

Boot camp graduation photo, 1974 - no more baby face or curls! He came to the airport to meet my sister and me when we flew in for his coming home party after boot camp. We passed him several times while we were looking for him! The brat just stood there, watching us and snickering. Finally, he said "Yo, Clyde!" and I almost fainted. Clyde was/is his nickname for me, came about in the late 60s and has just sort of hung on.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Wow! I can see how you didn't recognize him. He's very good looking, before and after.

When my brother completed boot camp, he finally looked like a man instead of a gawky teenager.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
WOW! He's gorgeous! Let's see a pic of him now (don't worry, I won't tell ;))

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW! He's gorgeous! Let's see a pic of him now (don't worry, I won't tell ;))
I don't have a recent pic of him, sadly. This one is from four years ago, at the surprise party we had for my Dad's 90th birthday. The grinning guy on the floor in front is Jim, my baby bro. I'm the one on the couch behind him, with my eyes shut. That's our Dad directly behind Jim.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
He's still good looking! Thanks, Jackie!! :)

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I"m a champion thread-jacker.. so no worries if you'd like to return the favour =)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He is a handsome guy, and has a wicked sense of humor. If he weren't my bro, I'd like him! ;)

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
my brother had sort of the same transformation when he came home from training for the federal air marshal program. he left a skinny kid and came back pretty much the same as your brother....amazing!
good looking brother, by the way!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts