Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
745 Posts
Every dog I have ever had has loved beer, Kody included. :D Of course we would only give a taste on occasion. But because of Kody's kidney failure 1.5 years ago, he is on a no alcohol ;D, low protein diet. (The kidney failure was caused by Leptospirosis, not over indulging ;) ).

·
Registered
512 Posts
Larry LOVES beer! If I pull a bottle out of the fridge, he gets so excited and tries to lick the bottle. He's only ever had a few tastes, but he sure loves it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
In the summer when we relax on the deck, Gunny stares at us...and then barks and barks until we ask her, "Want a beer?" Then she starts drooling like a hog. We have her beer cup permanently stored on the deck, and as soon as we crack open a bottle she simply cannot contain herself.

I grew up in Milwaukee, so it's fitting that my chocolate sweetheart is a beer guzzler just like her mom.

T

·
0 Posts
YEah Tater has a problem. I was sitting in the chair with a High Life the other night and he barked and licked and tried his hardest to knock it out of my hand. So I gave him a little drip.

Well a friend knocked over his whole beer. Tater went to TOWN.

D

·
0 Posts
Sydney won't leave me alone when I'm drinking a beer. You would think she was a St. Paulie Girl

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
My SU gave Rocket beer one time when he was about 3 months old - way younger than the legal drinking age. It made him so hyper I actually got worried to the point of wanting to take him to the vet. (a three month puppy way too hyper? Yes it's possible, and he was verrryyy hyper)
I've dared my SU to try it again or I'll strangle him. So Rocket's deprived of the beer experience.

However, Rocket licks the corks of the wine bottles in the bottle rack all the time. Wierd. And two days ago while I was holding my wine glass he started licking it and trying to get into it.
(I know - grapes are a big no-no)

B

·
0 Posts
Billie knocked the beer can out of my neighbors hand the first week I had her. It's been a struggle to keep her away from it ever since. She's not picky either, Millier Lite, Bud Light...she doesn't care. If someone spills its cleanup on aisle three!

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Eddie isn't too keen on it.

Fanny was known as the beer dog ont he development a coupl eof years ago after she tried to get a beer from a man sitting on his front step..................she will lick the cans or botles in the garbage can and bark at people trying to get their plastic cups with the alcohol in them................

·
Registered
282 Posts
Our lab mix, Max, first tried beer when he was about 4 years old. I was drinking a Coors Lt and he kept watching me, tail wagging.... so I put some in my hand and he slurped it right up. And then did an Elvis impersination, LOL. Boy did his lip curl, would have loved to have gotten that on tape. Madison has only licked the inside of a Miller Genuine Draft bottle after hubby finished it off the other night. She's still to young for her first drink.

·
Registered
137 Posts
This is one of the stranger things to get used to for me. I have a lot of cats and they sniff the beer or wine, recoil, and then ignore it. So I didn't even think anything about it when I first got Piper. I was totally shocked when I caught her trying to steal my drinks!

I'm much more careful now. Especially because we have more wine than beer around here. And I just don't want to drink after her. :p

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
A beer tipped over when we were on vacation last last wk. and Sammi wanted nothing to do with it! She sniffed and tasted, just a dab, but was not in to licking it up!!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts