Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a bed for our 7 month old, I just returned one that I ordered from Costco.com, about $90.00 ( and it is 1/2 off!) very well made but although is a large it is too bulky inside and I am afraid that she won't fit in there in a few months. I have looked at the local pet supermarkets and I don't see anything that I like.
She is now sleeping on a crate inside our bedroom, but the crate is "shrinking".....
What are you guys using???
Thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
My girls sleep on beds identical to Kim's bed shown. I got them at Gordman's for $20 each. The cover zips off for easy washing and I am happy with them.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I got one at Walmart that is a pad made of memory foam with a removable zip-off cover. It fits perfectly in his crate, but we also have one for his bed. It's not real puffy, but he seems to prefer these to any others. The one I got was $24.97 and is large - fits in a large metal crate that I also bought at Walmart.
Oh, and the foam is washable too - thank goodness!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Sammi also has a costco bed. 20.00 bucks and she loves it. Shes grown quite abit since this pic. but still fits on it fine.

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
162 Posts
This is Gracie's bed...actually it is two beds. I wanted to get her up off the floor out of drafts, so I bought the one on legs, but I had to put her old Orvis pillow bed in it. Now she is snug as a bug in a rug! :) And as a bonus, she can sit in her bed and look out the window!

This bed wouldn't work for my SIL's golden, he sleeps all stretched out, but Grace has always slept curled in a ball. So I guess you also need to take into account how your dog sleeps, not just his size.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Therapydog....where did you get that bed with the legs? It looks perfect for Amber. She's three, and she does not stretch out too much. Would love to know! Thanks in advance.
Stef

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I have 4 Costco beds, 1 bolster, 2 round and 1 square and they sleep on all of them. At night Sky still likes to start out in her crate but eventually comes out and sleeps on the Costco round bed at night. Moose sleeps at the foot of our bed :).

·
Registered
746 Posts
We tried the stuffed beds with Kody, but he was constantly biting at them and humping them. ::) We ended up buying a KURANDA BED and he has loved it ever since. I ordered the XL for him as it is the same dimensions as the floor of his crate. He can stretch out on it without a problem. I know it is pricey, but it is well worth it. We have had it for 5 years and it looks like new. They also sell replacement fabric for it at a reasonable price if you ever need to replace it.

This site has it for the same price as the manufacturer and offers free shipping for anyone interested. http://www.precious-pets-paradise.com/p-KURANDA-CHEW-PROOF-DOG-BED.html

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
I have three beds (yikes!)- one is a target plush bed, one is a new ortho bed, and the other is the bed on legs. I ordered mine on Petco.com

·
Registered
22 Posts
Since I like shredding everything in my crate I only get old towels that are repeatedly laundered in there :(

However since I can be mostly trusted at nighttime when I sleep in the upstairs hallway outside of my people's bedrooms I get a plush fabric-covered foam based bed there (about $30 from Canadian Tire). I've had this bed since Christmas and have only excavated a very small area of foam from the base one night. It seems to help if I have some other stuffed toy to shred if the mood happens to strike at night.

Maybe one day I can be trusted enough for something other than towels in my crate...

Corbell

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for the suggestions, I am a big fan of Costco products, I guess I'll keep checking the local Costcos in the area, you know how it is with Costco, they will have a product and then all of a sudden it will dissappear and they might never stock it again....
I will check out Walmart also....

Thanks again!

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi Stef ~ I purchased Gracie's bed at a local nursery/feed store....Country Max. Here is a link to PetSmart...looks like they carry them too! Gracie uses the Large size...we probably could have gone up a size for her, but she seems happy enough with this one!

http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...T<>prd_id=845524441778583&bmUID=1175100614024

We have had no problems with this bed (and this was a display model!) and Gracie seems to like it too! Grace is not a chewer, so I cannot attest to the claim that it is "indestructible". I have seen a couple reviews where people have said it is NOT indestructible, but continued to say it was still the best bed they have purchased.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Jeep274 said:
We tried the stuffed beds with Kody, but he was constantly biting at them and humping them. ::) We ended up buying a KURANDA BED and he has loved it ever since.
Zakk does the same thing :-\ (he must think his bed is his girlfriend ;D). We may have to try one of these.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts