Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Crazy, huh? I never post anthing I wouldn't want the world to know/see, and I don't take quizzes or use applications anymore, etc. The only thing I do have are pictures of my kids that I like to share with family & friends in online albums.

People with something to hide will have to be very careful. A friend of mine caught her employee at the beach on a sick day (posted pics in their fb) album taken the day they were *sick* . She let it go & didn't confront them, but really, who has their boss on fb? I don't even have co workers on there.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I don't think I understand. So, even if you have your privacy setting set so that only your actual 'Friends' can see everything, you're now going to have to mark each individual thing you post as private also?

·
Registered Users
10,466 Posts
You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can (and will be) taken down & used as evidence against you. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Yep. They are overriding your "privacy".
Supposedly they are giving you the ability to set it back to private each time you post? Is that what that article says? So when you hit the button when you update your status, is there going to be another option to change it?

Is there anything in Facebook explaining this, does anybody know? Not that I say anything that I'm worried about but it's very shady.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I do. He asked to friend me. What was I supposed to do, ignore? So I use the privacy settings with a great deal of granularity, and I don't post anything I wouldn't want anyone to know.
Yeah, my privacy settings are complicated, especially since my Mom thought it would be a great idea to join.

I'm tempted to hit the delete button on my account just because it's too dangerous. I don't post anything I would be ashamed of if a boss, relative, or minister saw it, but you can't control what other people post. When I first joined in college, facebook was small and new. You had to have a college e-mail address to sign up, so in a sense it was more free and "safer" because it was a limited segment of the population that saw anything. Now, if some friend from college drunk posts some obscene or questionable thing on my wall it will be attributed to me simply because it's on my wall and now everyone and their mother may see it. I liked it because it was nice to keep in touch with friends, but I've discovered I have dangerous friends. :)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Yeah, my privacy settings are complicated, especially since my Mom thought it would be a great idea to join.

I'm tempted to hit the delete button on my account just because it's too dangerous. I don't post anything I would be ashamed of if a boss, relative, or minister saw it, but you can't control what other people post. When I first joined in college, facebook was small and new. You had to have a college e-mail address to sign up, so in a sense it was more free and "safer" because it was a limited segment of the population that saw anything. Now, if some friend from college drunk posts some obscene or questionable thing on my wall it will be attributed to me simply because it's on my wall and now everyone and their mother may see it. I liked it because it was nice to keep in touch with friends, but I've discovered I have dangerous friends. :)
You can delete posts from your own wall. I have a friend who likes the F word and I've had to delete a comment or two from her!

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
You can delete posts from your own wall. I have a friend who likes the F word and I've had to delete a comment or two from her!
I know, but the problem is the news feed can pick things up pretty quickly, and lately I'm not able to get online for most of the day, so sometimes it's several hours before I see something. Primarily, I'm concerned about future employers. So long as they allow you to restrict your profile to friends or certain people then it's no big deal. It's just more of a hassle these days, growing pains for facebook I guess.

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
I don't get the point of doing this? The more privacy features the better. Why go the other way?

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
the DEFAULT settings will be public.. you'll still be able to change yours to private.

Nick? You're on facebook?

*puts on her stalker clothes*

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
What Kelli said....

you will still be able to keep everything private although I don't understand the need for it. <shrugs>

my boss and lots of my friends from work are on my facebook.

·
Registered
11,990 Posts
but really, who has their boss on fb? I don't even have co workers on there.
A whole bunch of the people who work for me have friended me - and another whole bunch of home office peers have also friended me.

It does make me pretty careful about what I post or allow on my page.

·
Registered
10,345 Posts
Oh wow. I have a facebook account, but only use it when I get notified that someone wants to be friends that I already know. If someone wants to be bored to tears, they are welcome to read my facebook account.

I figure anything that goes online has the possibility of being seen by just about anyone.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts