Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Son won 2 bids on E-Bay from 2 different sellers. Luckily, he paid with paypal. Both turned out to be illegitimate and they are no longer on E-Bay. He had to file claims on both with paypal and will get his money back but it would have been more difficult if he hadn't paid that way.

Think he learned a life lesson and won't be doing any buying on E-Bay for awhile. People can be so dishonest but I guess it is the way the times are.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Sorry that happened. But PayPal really is the way to go and they take care of their customers. I've only had one bad eBay experience with a seller, which is lucky. I'm also a bit neurotic about checking their feedback, though.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I always use Paypal for Ebay, and I always check the seller's status and feedback before I buy anything. I prefer Amazon.com whenever possible.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I don't buy on E-Bay and don't plan to. He did check supposedly on their status. I believe that it was the same person/s because I find it hard to believe that both deleted their accounts after he purchased the items. Pay pal has been very helpful and he will get his credit card credited in the next week.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I don't buy on E-Bay and don't plan to. He did check supposedly on their status. I believe that it was the same person/s because I find it hard to believe that both deleted their accounts after he purchased the items. Pay pal has been very helpful and he will get his credit card credited in the next week.
It's very possible it was the same person. EBay should be able to trace the person and find out if it was, or else maybe PayPal can.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
For what it's worth, eBay really tries to go after sellers like that since that undermines the credibility of the entire site. And the whole reason it works at all is that it's built on trust that the seller and buyer are both legit.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Sorry he had a bad experience, and twice - that sucks. I have bought from e-bay and DS and DD have bought and sold using pay-pal with no problems. I really wish a few folks wouldn't ruin things for alot of people!! I'm sorry this happened to your son:( Hope there is someway to solve this for him!

·
Registered
21,293 Posts
Don't know how everybody's credit cards work, but if you are buying something for over £100 but under £30k over here then you are insured if the goods are faulty - don't turn up - any other reason when the supplier is at fault - Credit card company pays out.

This does not always apply with Paypal so remember that when buying.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts