Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The bathroom is finally FINISHED!! This week we got last piece of the puzzle, the light fixture, and now it is completed. All I have to do yet is get Nick to put up a towel bar and get a few new towels for it.

I wish I'd taken better "before" pics. I didn't think of it until we were halfway through taking it apart. But anyway, here is BEFORE:

And AFTER!!

I'm so excited about the way it turned out. Especially the vanity. I REALLY wish I'd taken a pic of what it looked like before, but picture this: pukey brown circa 1975 with LONG, pointy antique bronzey drawer pulls. *GAG* I"m sure it was nice in 1975, but...yeah. We sanded down the whole vanity and stained it a dark cherry color. Added updated drawer pulls and new hinges and everything sparkles! I just wish I could figure out a solution to the window. Not a big fan of the mini blinds, but I don't know what else to do about it for now. Eventually, I might replace the window with an etched glass one...but not for awhile.

Now my bathroom looks like it belongs in this decade! Century, even!

Now back to repainting the trim. :p

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The more I look at it, the more I'm troubled by the purple hand towel. It is marring the beauty. I need to get new towels TOMORROW!

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Nice! I like the modern look/feel to it. Love your light fixture.

(I notice you put your toilet paper roll in "backwards/upside down" :p)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Can't tell the towel color in the picture... it's sort of neutral. You'll find the right one to zip it up! :)

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
i think your outlets are against code aren't they? Shouldn't bathroom outlets have those red and black buttons on it? a breaker or something?

·
Registered
7,901 Posts
Janna and Boomer said:
(I notice you put your toilet paper roll in "backwards/upside down" )
No...YOU are backwards. :p ;)
I noticed this as well Linda ;D but this is another whole thread!

I just wish I could figure out a solution to the window. Not a big fan of the mini blinds, but I don't know what else to do about it for now. Eventually, I might replace the window with an etched glass one...but not for awhile.
I just saw on one of those home improvement shows how they sprayed a window to make it the obscured glass!!! It was the deadlights by the front door...but it could work, I'd think! You'd have to check if the steam from a shower would be a problem. Ask at your local Home Depot or similar store! I can't remember what it was called, or else I'd google for you.

The bathroom looks great! Backwards toilet paper and all! :p

I really like the way it came out.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
zoesmom said:
Nice! I like the modern look/feel to it. Love your light fixture.

(I notice you put your toilet paper roll in "backwards/upside down" :p)
i feel a poll coming on!

wow.. that doesn't sound right at all!

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i feel a poll coming on!

wow.. that doesn't sound right at all!
HA!!!!!

And about the outlets...yeah the guy that inspected the house before we bought it said something about that. I suppose we'll switch them out eventually.

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Wow! You guys did a great job! Love the vanity re-do!

What's the pattern on your shower curtain? I like it!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts