Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After going to the store last night on what turned out to be a big shopping trip (I went shopping on an empty stomach), I was sure to bring home some treats for Rocket, too.

So he's laying on the carpet chewing his new Nylabone Edible bone when I start sharing some sweet potato chips I had just bought with my son. Rocket abandons the bone and comes over for some. He loves them. So I give him several.

A while later after I put my son to bed, I'm sitting on the couch drinking wine, eating those sweet potato chips, watching tv. Rocket sits next to me on the couch watching me. I ignore him. After a few minutes of seeing his head bob back and forth as he follows the movement of my hand from the bag to my mouth to bag to mouth to bag to mouth (you get the picture), he finally jumps down. I'm thinking he's given up.

Instead he jumps back up and starts watching me again. I continue to ignore him. Then he sets the Nylabone I just bought him on my leg and looks at me with his head tilted. The little bugger wanted to trade! I've never known a dog to do this, and it sure made me laugh.

Rocket got several more sweet potato chips and a hug. Smart doggie.

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Awww.. that's cute...

I say no deal, though, those nylabones are Bland with a capital "B"! ;)

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
That's so cute.

Sundance has done similar things, like bring us a toy, when SU and I are eating something that looks good. It always cracks us up.

They really are pretty smart.

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
Rowdy does this a lot also, esp with Lexie.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts