Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you guys in the military in Japan? My friend is moving there on Thursday (okanowa or however you spell it). Her husband is in the Army I believe.

I just noticed it in your siggie.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Sorry I almost didn't see this. Yes, my husband is in the Air Force and we are stationed here in Okinawa for 3 years. It is a really lovely place. We've been here for just over 1 year. If your friends have questions PM me and I will give you my email address to give them. ;D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We never got stationed in the Far East during my time in the Army - wish we had. I got to visit Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, Thailand and Vietnam but never Okinawa. All of my Marine and Air Force friends who were there said it is beautiful.

Thanks to your husband for his service - and thanks to you, too. Lynn and I know first hand how much of a sacrifice military families make. :D

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
How does the dog thing work when you get shuffled from the US to Japan?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My friend has a little mutt doggie and she said it will be quarentined for 5-7 months!!!!!!! She was so upset about that!

Thanks Barnsley!! I will let her know. She is moving today actually. She heard that it was beautiful there.

·
Registered
886 Posts
The dog thing is a little bit of a headache. Both of mine I rescued here so I didn't have to deal with the import of them. They are under quarantine for quite a while. But that doesn't mean they don't lead normal lives. They just have to go to the vet for testing frequently and are not supposed to have contact with other dogs though. However, I think pretty much everyone ignores a lot of this. The Japan govt. is really paranoid about rabies and distemper since they don't have any cases of it here I guess. Dogs have to get a bunch of shots before making the trip also. I am happy that it is not like that when going back to the states. :)
Jakeysmom- is your friends dog big or little, do you know much about it? Also just curious, how old are they and do they have any kids? We are 26 with no kids. :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She a little mutt dog. I have never seen there dog before. She has been living in San Diego for the last 3 years.

She is 25 and married. She has a 5 year old daughter and is 7 month pregnant with a little boy.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I feel bad for your friend flying at 7 mos. pregnant. It is such a long flight. :(

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know but I think that they are stopping 2 or 3 times. Plus she is flying with a 5 year old. Luckily her husband is able to with them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts