Just Labradors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dog, Dooley, is three years old. When he's inside and anyone passes on the road in front of our house ('his road') he barks. We live in the country and there are a lot of walkers and kids riding bikes. If he's outside in his kennel and anyone walks on 'his road' he barks until he can't see them anymore. It scares the neighborhood kids and some of the adults. He doesn't bark at vehicles. He doesn't bark unless he sees someone. What can I do to stop him from this bad habit? :confused:

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
Isn't that his job ?
I was thinking the same thing. Bauer barks at everyone that passes by too. I live in a very rural area on a private road, and if anyone comes by (walking, biking, driving . . . he barks). When the cable guy came over, Bauer barked so long that he asked if he was going to get attacked when he came in. I grabbed his collar and told him I would try to hold him back. :p Bauer knows "Enough" and if he barks too long, that makes him stop. I would train him "Enough" or "Quiet" when you are home, and keep him contained when you are gone if it bothers you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts