Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't want to hijack Kelli's post so I'm starting another one. :angel:

Exactly what product(s) do you use from them? I'm ready to order, but their website is cornfusing! Do you all use the bareVitamins Skin Rev-er Upper first?

The website is offering this package :
"7-piece bareMinerals Beauty Collection: 2 shades of bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation, Mineral Veil finishing powder, Warmth All-Over Face Color and 3 application brushes"
Why would I want two shades of foundation? Do you guys use the foundation and the finishing powder? I can't find anything on their website that lets me browse the different products, it's just taking me to the TV offer. :-\

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
I don't use the Re-ever upper (whatever it's called), but I've been wanting to try it.

I use the Medium Foundation (which is most people's skin tones)
Then I use Glee for my blush (Warmth is a little to bronzey for me, the Glee is a pinker tone)
Then I have the mineral veil (which is like a finishing/setting powder that I put all over when I'm done)

I have a few eyeliners and shadows, too that I wear when I'm going out.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
Re: Bare Minerals question!

buy the get started kit from Sephora.com
I use 2 shades of the BM..in fact I mix them.
The mineral veil is a finishing powder meant to be put on last.
I think the kit is the medium which is great for summer but I am fair so I had to order the fairly light for the winter months.
If you order the starter kit from Sephora, you don't get full sizes of each product, but it is enough to get you started.
the other great product is the sample 4kit eyeshadow with liner brush.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
That's what i ordered, amy.. the getting started pkg. I also ordered the bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Minerals bisque.. which is described as a "miracle concealer".

That sounds hot! =)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kel, you ordered from Sephora, right?

·
Registered
268 Posts
I use the Fairly Light Foundation (except for the summer when I switch to a darker shade)
I use the warmth and then the mineral veil. I also have a couple of eye shadows from Bare Minerals but I don't wear shadow often.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
yep.. sephora.. the company's website didn't ship to Canada. I think sephora was cheaper than QVC, as well.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
kelli said:
That's what i ordered, amy.. the getting started pkg. I also ordered the bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Minerals bisque.. which is described as a "miracle concealer".

That sounds hot! =)
Oh, I have that, too.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm so excited to try this! I absolutely despise wearing foundation and powder. I feel like greasy face with foundation on. Especially in the summer, and then I end up putting on too much powder which makes me look like powder face.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Katherine, I just paid $70.15 for the starter kit from Sephora.com. That price includes standard UPS shipping.

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
Why would I want two shades of foundation?
as the seasons change you can mix and match them.
You can also use lighter and darker to "highlight" different areas of your face.
If you ever get a chance to watch QVC when they have it on it is really informative. You don't have to order from them but they have good info.
I would start with the foundation and brush for sure. Mineral veil is nice for a finished look and then warmth or glee for color.

Mineral Veil is described this way:Reduce the shine. Give your face a perfectly sheer matte finish with Bare Escentuals Mineral Veil face powder. It's designed to be worn over foundation to eliminate shine and minimize the appearance of pores. Mineral Veil is cornstarch-based and light as a feather, resulting in shine-free skin.

·
Registered
9,781 Posts
How good is it, bren?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Does the powder need to be applied more than once throughout the day? That's my problem, I'm constantly applying powder, hence powderface. :-\

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
kelli said:
How good is it, bren?
It's good - it definitely covers, but I ended up switching to another "cream" product. I really like a heavy concealer under my eyes for dark circle. The BM does great for blemishes, etc...I just needed something heavier under my eyes.

You'll like it, Kel!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Can't comment on the foundation, powders, etc., 'cause I don't use 'em, but I buy mineral eyeshadow on ebay, usually 1/4 tsp. sample sizes, cheap...I like the small amounts; they last a long time. (I use java, a brown, as eye contour color)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts