Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Because I just spent over $200 on starter stuff and now I am freaking out about spending so much on make-up :eek:

Has it helped your skin? Is it really that easy to put on? They made me do half of my face in the store - but I don't want to be watching a DVD every morning to get ready. How long does the whole process take you? How long does a container of the foundation last you?

Anyone use the Rare Minerals face wash (powder) and lotion? I ended up buying that too.

I have horridly awful skin for my age, and they kept reassuring me "This makeup will heal your skin." It was kind-of creepy actually, they sounded a bit like a recording :p

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
I can't tell you about the skin wash - but it's worth every penny - Jackie and ?? were right about using too much - you'll look tinny - but it's fast, fresh, lasts all day and did NOT cause any skin problems for an allergy person! I love it - I just changed autoship to every 6 months cause I wear it so light...see what you think!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I love it. It only takes a few minutes to put on after you get used to it, and it's the first makeup I ever bought that stays on all day. I have roceaca (sp?) and it is also the first makeup that hides it well. I actually think it's helping. Even though it's expensive, you'll find that it lasts a long time. I was on autoship also, but cancelled that because I don't need it that often. I don't use the face wash, so I'm not sure about that.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I use the foundation...the container lasts me 6 months or more, definitely. Here's a tip..when you get it, don't rip off that seal that covers the holes. Just take a pin and poke SOME of the holes thru, that way, you won't have so much powder coming out at once and you won't waste as much.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I use the foundation...the container lasts me 6 months or more, definitely. Here's a tip..when you get it, don't rip off that seal that covers the holes. Just take a pin and poke SOME of the holes thru, that way, you won't have so much powder coming out at once and you won't waste as much.
Yup, that's what I learned to do, too. I use it very sparingly, one container lasts a good 6 months, but I love it. I also have rosacea and it lessens the redness without getting cakey and thick. When I have the rare flare-up, I use a tiny bit of foundation powder on the small brush just on the really red spots, then apply as usual all over.

I don't really love the eye shadows, though. I find them hard to use sparingly because the powder is so fluffy, and most of the colors are too dark for me.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I tried it and thought it made the lines on my face more noticeable. The exact opposite of what they advertise.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I tried it last year. I loved the way it felt, but I always looked tinny. I guess I put too much on. :rolleyes: I think I'll try it again....

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I am a Bare Escentuals gal here! I bought it trying to find a product, particularly foundation, that did not leave my oily skin feeling slimy & gross. This does not. I love that it covers any little red spots without using a lot. My container of foundation has lasted a really long time, I think I am over a year. But then I work from home, so I do not wear it everyday.

Amy, give it another try. It does take a few times to get used to how much (more accurately how LITTLE) to use.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Okay I just bit the bullet, opened the package and tried it out! I actually like it better than yesterday :) I used a lot less than she did, and less blush too (holy cow I had some R.E.D. cheeks yesterday). I probably won't wear it everyday but it is a really light, nice feeling compared to the stuff I usually use.

My problem is, I get Chanel for free :eek: But I just don't like the feeling of liquid foundation - and sometimes their powder compact isn't enough (and I find it doesn't stay put). But I think I'll be able to justify spending the money on this if it lasts as long for me as it does for you all.

Amy, I got a spray thing to put on after all the powders, and it really sets in down onto my skin so I'm not all powdery looking. (Boy, they really saw me coming LOL).

Thanks for the opinions and advice everyone, I have a little less buyer's remorse now :p

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Amy, I got a spray thing to put on after all the powders, and it really sets in down onto my skin so I'm not all powdery looking.
What do you mean? What kind of spray thing?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
This user wants her money back:

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Interesting! I'll check that out, thanks!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts