Just Labradors banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:'(

I'm in tears over here...I was DVR'ing it but my parents wanted to watch it now. Such a brave, beautiful, noble boy :angel: RIP Barabro
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Its pathetic that the owners are sobbing over the loss of this horse. If they love him so much they should have never made him a race horse.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
eastcoastmom said:
I was bawling...I pvr'd it for the girls as it was on too late here. RIP Barbaro.
Glad I'm not the only one who sat there and bawled the whole time :( I wasn't so bad at the beginning, but when it got towards the part where he won the Derby, then I lost it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,265 Posts
ipopy said:
Its pathetic that the owners are sobbing over the loss of this horse. If they love him so much they should have never made him a race horse.
You should be ashamed of yourself for making such a blanket, generalized statement regarding a sport of which you obviously know nothing. In the future, I suggest you do a little more research before blasting something that you are too ignorant to understand.

ETA: Sorry for the hijack, Stace. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,503 Posts
I really enjoyed it... :'(
They adored him. We went down to Phila Park to watch him train once...it was like a locomotive coming down the straight away.
He was a beautiful animal.
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
WeHeartLabs said:
I really enjoyed it... :'(
They adored him. We went down to Phila Park to watch him train once...it was like a locomotive coming down the straight away.
He was a beautiful animal.
I apologize if my statement was inappropriate. The way this horse died was inhumane IMO and it has made me angry. However, Kiddsmom: However inappropriate my comments were your response was just plain abusive. I will report your post to the moderators.

Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,788 Posts
ipopy said:
WeHeartLabs said:
I really enjoyed it... :'(
They adored him. We went down to Phila Park to watch him train once...it was like a locomotive coming down the straight away.
He was a beautiful animal.
I apologize if my statement was inappropriate. The way this horse died was inhumane IMO and it has made me angry. However, Kiddsmom: However inappropriate my comments were your response was just plain abusive. I will report your post to the moderators.

Thanks,
Actually- my best friend took care of Barbaro while he was at UPenn. I know for certain she and the other techs that helped him through his day to day life while in recovery cared for him to the best of their ability. He wasn't suffering, not until the end. My friend cried and still cries for him. To her, it isn't just a job. She does it because she loves animals. She wouldn't be part of something that was 'inhumane' to animals.

As for reporting to the moderators- we've only got one. This is really a self moderated group. Just ignore and move on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,144 Posts
I am still heart broken over his passing. What a rollercoaster, he seemed like he'd be the first to survive such a horrible fracture, only to have the complications that would send him to the bridge. Awful.

I still have to wonder, though, if 3 is too young to race, but take that with this in mind; when my parents paid for lessons for me, I enjoyed grooming and learning to care for the horses more than riding them. I'm a sucker for big brown eyes and looong chestnut hair, LOL.
 
I

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Aim said:
ipopy said:
WeHeartLabs said:
I really enjoyed it... :'(
They adored him. We went down to Phila Park to watch him train once...it was like a locomotive coming down the straight away.
He was a beautiful animal.
I apologize if my statement was inappropriate. The way this horse died was inhumane IMO and it has made me angry. However, Kiddsmom: However inappropriate my comments were your response was just plain abusive. I will report your post to the moderators.

Thanks,
Actually- my best friend took care of Barbaro while he was at UPenn. I know for certain she and the other techs that helped him through his day to day life while in recovery cared for him to the best of their ability. He wasn't suffering, not until the end. My friend cried and still cries for him. To her, it isn't just a job. She does it because she loves animals. She wouldn't be part of something that was 'inhumane' to animals.

As for reporting to the moderators- we've only got one. This is really a self moderated group. Just ignore and move on.

I respect all that was done for him after his injury by the medical staff. My issue was with Barbaro's owners.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,373 Posts
ipopy said:
WeHeartLabs said:
I really enjoyed it... :'(
They adored him. We went down to Phila Park to watch him train once...it was like a locomotive coming down the straight away.
He was a beautiful animal.
I apologize if my statement was inappropriate. The way this horse died was inhumane IMO and it has made me angry. However, Kiddsmom: However inappropriate my comments were your response was just plain abusive. I will report your post to the moderators.

Thanks,
Report me all you want. Apparently you did not take my avatar seriously.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
305 Posts
Ok, Ipoopy. Why do you loathe Barbaro's owners so much? Because they exploited him by making him race? Because they indirectly caused his death?

Are you a horse owner? A race horse owner? Are you aquainted with Barbaro's owners? Yes it is very sad Barbaro died. From what I have seen his owners loved him very much and did everything they possibly could for that horse. The horses I feel sorry for are the ones cooped up in little stalls, and neglected. Not a well-loved horse like Barbaro who got top-notch care by loving owners.

The way I see it, Barbaro really lived.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
29,548 Posts
ipopy said:
Its pathetic that the owners are sobbing over the loss of this horse. If they love him so much they should have never made him a race horse.
What should he have been? A stable pony? He's born/bred to run. Sometimes animals die when they leave the barn or house. Its sad, but its a fact of life.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,666 Posts
I didn't watch, because I was afraid it would make me too sad. I got teared up just watching the replay of his Derby win.

ipopy, we don't report people to moderators here unless someone's post is especially egregious (which is extremely rare and definitely not what happened here). We're grownups, not tattletales. I know enough about horseracing to know that although bad things do happen, the vast majority is NOT inhumane, in fact, the horses are treated extremely well. I suggest you visit the backside of a racetrack if you want to see how the horses live. They are well fed, constantly groomed, exercised, and genuinely cared for by the owners and trainers down to the grooms and stablehands. Your statements were very ignorant. You can believe what I'm saying, because my husband and I own thoroughbred racehorses.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,928 Posts
Report "what" to moderator? ::) We don't "do" moderators on this site...we are grown ups...well, most of us! ;)

The horse was doing what it loved...what it was bred to do....it lived a happy life.........whatever!
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top