Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have had a great last few days with my floppy eared wonder...
On Sunday, we went for a short hike up in Ft. Collins, CO to the Horsetooth Falls. It was great. He did so well with all of the other people and dogs on the trail.

Then, he got to try out the water for the first time. It was a very shallow little pool at the bottom of a small waterfall and it was perfect for cooling him off.

Here's our little family at the falls:

Just in the last few days, I've noticed his ears starting to hang closer to his face and not stick out to the side so much. It's really, really cute. He is filling out too since we switched foods and upped his portions. I believe last we checked he is 21 lbs.

Yesterday, I get home from work to go and check on him. Much to my surprise, there is something blocking our bedroom door. What do you know? It's the dog! LOL

Not only was I shocked that he was out, but I was shocked at how little damage he did. He didn't go potty anywhere in the room, and all he really did was get a roll of toilet paper and shred it. Nothing else, which is awesome.

The real question was "how in the heck did you get out of your crate??" I looked, and it was all still completely locked up. ??? I did some more exploring, and then came to see my large error. I put his crate together upside down and the wire holes were big enough at the top for him to squeeze through. Normally, those holes are on the bottom and have a tray on top. HA!!

But, who could ever be upset with such a good boy. **** cute too if I do say so myself!!

(this picture was taken before his ears started to change on Friday. It is now Tuesday and they look completely different)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I put his crate together upside down and the wire holes were big enough at the top for him to squeeze through.
Well that'll teach ya, won't it? LOL!! ;D I've done that on vacation with the dogs, but luckily realized it before we left for dinner.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Great photos! I love your family picture!

Jakes ears changed one at a time! He had two different looking ears for about a month!

Also - we just took Jake hiking for the first time this weekend too!! AND he also got to swim for the first time! He loved all of it and we were impressed with how well behaved he was!

:D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts