Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
after you have ruled out [as mentioned above] an[many!] health problems that could be the root cause of bad breath, you may just have a dog, like my Daisy, who had bad breath [fishy] even after several professional cleanings.
the 'savior' for her/us was the ''Dental Mint'' flavor dog biscuits from Foster & Smith. they contain charcoal, parsley, and mint, have a texture like Milk-Bones, only rectangular & charcoal-colored.
despite how that sounds, the dogs LOVE them, i can even use them as training treats!
Daisy's breath went from DEAD FISH to sweet in less than a week, giving the small size 3-4 times a day as a treat.
then i would break the small ones in half & she still maintained beautiful breath for the remaining 6 years of her life, i never even had to pay for a pro cleaning again.
i cannot say how much i am thankfuul they make these things, i buy the 20-lb box, as i never want to be without them! [they sell smaller packages, of course.]
BTW, no connection with F&S, just a loyal customer!

·
Registered
267 Posts
queenofthedogs said:
after you have ruled out [as mentioned above] any [many!] health problems that could be the root cause of bad breath, you may just have a dog, like my Daisy, who had bad breath [fishy] even after several professional cleanings.
the 'savior' for her/us was the ''Dental Mint'' flavor dog biscuits from Foster & Smith. they contain charcoal, parsley, and mint, have a texture like Milk-Bones, only rectangular & charcoal-colored.
despite how that sounds, the dogs LOVE them, i can even use them as training treats!
Daisy's breath went from DEAD FISH to sweet in less than a week, giving the small size 3-4 times a day as a treat.
then i would break the small ones in half & she still maintained beautiful breath for the remaining 6 years of her life, i never even had to pay for a pro cleaning again.
i cannot say how much i am thankfuul they make these things, i buy the 20-lb box, as i never want to be without them! [they sell smaller packages, of course.]
BTW, no connection with F&S, just a loyal customer!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts