Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had storms last night. I got up about midnight to shut off my computer and pull the phone line out of the wall... and guess what I discovered....Yep.... Remington had chewed through the power cords under my desk. I'm surprised he's not dead. I guess he was lucky because on each cord he only exposed one wire. I guess you need both wires exposed to get the shock.

Anyway, I've just repaired the wires... and thankfully he's a bit too big to get under the desk/chair anymore.

What a stinker...

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
:eek: that is one lucky pup! (visions of the cat and the Christmas Tree scene from Christmas Vacation, trotting through my mind)

·
Registered
235 Posts
Thats so scary. Harley was bad about that when he was a pup, so I had GFCI outlets installed on all the low outlets just to be safe.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
OH NO Remington!
We had storms last night too, and Prudence ate the antenna wire off of my clock radio :-\

·
Registered
830 Posts
hehe......silly boy!!! someone should tell him that he can get hurt doing that! ;)

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
Good thing he's gotten bigger; your wires are safe now

Glad he didn't get hurt

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Oh he is naughty... and lucky. I glad he didn't get hurt.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
GFCI plugs are a really good idea I like it. I did do a bit of electric cord proofing with Amber when she was a pup. I had a couple of different cords next to the walls (dont worry not plugged in) and if she showed any interest in them she would get a reprimand and a distraction. Amber also got a ton of toys as my sister works at a pet supply wharehouse and gets tons of discontinued and toys with one eye or missing a tag etc...

Kelly and Amber

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I'm so glad Remi wasn't hurt! :eek: Careful, little man!

I have to say, though, that it's kind of reassuring to hear that it happens even to someone as experienced as you, Linda. ;)

·
Registered
139 Posts
That's something I always worry about.

Many a morning, Brandi sits with me in my home office, while I have a cup of coffee and surf the 'net. And she always attempts to get to the wires.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts